barn sale

Saturday, February 7, 2015

How Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day?

It's one week until my favorite holiday.  For some reason, I've always LOVED Valentine's Day.  My mom use to put together small gifts for us to open when we woke up.  Maybe that had something to do with it.  Or maybe it's the colors?  I love the combination of pink+red, and I remember loving that combination as far back as elementary school.  Or maybe it's the hearts?  I love hearts - so much so that I have one tattooed on my right foot.  Or it could definitely be the abundance of chocolate that time of year.  Nothing is better than Stephen Libs chocolate (in my opinion!).  Or the flowers, or the candy hearts, or the cheap paper valentines with cheesy messages.......... I just LOVE everything about this holiday. 

I wanted to spread some love to some of my favorite little girls this year.  I had a stash of Valentine fabric that I hadn't done anything with, so I decided to make my girls and nieces pjs pants and/or skirts.  They had those cute red initial shirts from Christmas (I ironed on their initial), so I was hoping they could pair their new bottoms with those shirts!
I also made some Valentines cookies and put together little bags (or a box in one case) for them. 
What are your plans for Valentine's Day?  We are sticking to our routine and going to church that evening.  Hopefully sometime that weekend, Kevin and I will get to escape for a lunch or dinner out by ourselves.  We decided our mutual gift to each other is Charlie (our new kitten).  My kids also think chocolate covered strawberries are the greatest treat on the earth (and I kind of agree), so I want to make some of those for them.  I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day this year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm celebrating by making some cookies to pass out to neighbors and Kevin's co-workers. I also made valentines with Olive last week so I hope yours arrives early next week. We made them for her little teachers at church, too. Kevin and I are exchanging cards and going out to dinner. Should be a fun week!! Your sugar cookies were delicious and Olive walks around saying kee-kee all day because she wants MORE :)

    ReplyDelete