barn sale

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pom Pom Painting

We are having fun with another little girl here everyday :) And the picture above has nothing to do with this craft, I just caught the girls getting books off of my bookshelf.  Allie is reading the dictionary, Eleanor is reading the 5 Love Languages, and Krissy is reading the ABC's of Financial Freedom.

I frequently browse Pinterest for cute craft ideas to do with the girls.  Austin usually naps during our craft time.  For this pom pom painting, I cut out a heart shape from some heavy white construction paper.  I pinched a pom pom with a clothspin, and put color coordinating paints on a paper plate.  I told the girls to dot their hearts with the paints.  Allie got the concept, Krissy smeared her paint everywhere, and Eleanor did a good job dotting!  It wasn't a very messy craft, but I did keep wet wipes close by to clean off hands. 




We let the hearts dry for about an hour.  I punched a small hole in the top of the heart and hung a red string from them.  They are now decorating the ends of my curtain rod.  


When Hayden got home from school, he decided he needed to make one.  His turned out really cute too. 


1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered if this worked so I'm glad to know it does. Cute decorations and cute pic of the three girls :)

    ReplyDelete