I use this everytime I get out to yard sale! It locates sales from your current location. I usually look at garage sale listings on craigslist Thursday evening and pick one or two that sound promising. I will leave home bright and early (usually by 7) and then use my app from there.
You can click on each red marker and it shows you the ad that's been posted (on craigslist) about the sale.
My best yardsale advice is:
1. Bring plenty of cash. You never know what deals you are going to find!
2. Shop early!
3. Have your phone with you so you can look up info about what you are considering purchasing. I was hesitating on buying Kevin a set of hand weights for $10 last weekend because I thought they were a cheap set. I decided to buy them and googled the set when I got home to make sure I didn't pay too much. They sell new on amazon for $79!
4. If someone is asking more than you want to pay for something, ask them if they will take less, but offer a fair price.
5. Shame on the people that don't price their items, but shame on you if you want something and don't ask the price! I'm still crying about a pirates chest Hayden would have loved to own, but I didn't want to stop the lady (who was having the sale) from her conversation with her neighbor. I continued to browse and someone came up behind me, interrupted her, got a price on the pirates chest and snatched it right out from under me... For $5. Ugh. Lesson learned!
6. Lastly, if you can shop w/o your kiddos, you can look faster and cover more sales! (Kevin's been great about watching the kids so I can get out by myself!). If that's not an option, bring your stroller and plenty of things to keep your kids eyes and hands entertained (iPhones with kids games, snacks, books, or anything else they enjoy!)
Happy Yard Saling! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment