barn sale

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

1 Year with CeCe

Monday, June 10, 2013... it had only been 9 days since TJ passed away.  It felt weird not having a dog and Kevin wanted one as quickly as I could find one.  So on this particular morning, I woke up before the rest of the house and began searching craigslist.  I was looking at bigger cities around us and seeing if anyone there had a pup we wanted.  We had gone back and forth on the breed we wanted (standard poodle, Aussiedoodles, or an Australian shepherd).  We had requirements for each breed:  the poodle had to be standard size and not solid black, the Aussiedoodles had to be affordable, and the Aussie had to have a tail.

The ad I found said "Australian shepherds, red and blue merles, tails not docked"! There were 5 pups in the litter and they were all perfect!  The price was right too! I immediately woke Kevin up to show him my find!  He agreed the pups were cute and texted the number in the ad to get more info.  We immediately got a text back that there was only one pup left.  I did have a couple favorites from the pics that were posted, so I was trying to be open to whichever one was left.  I was shocked that one of my favorites was the one that was left!
This was the first pic she sent us of CeCe
Another pic she sent showing her coat.
Kevin was trying to work out when we could go get her because she was about 4 hours away.  He kept talking about the weekend and I kept insisting I needed her today!  So, it happened that day!  We dropped Krissy off with my mom (we knew she wouldn't be up for an all day car ride) and we took Hayden and Allie to Missouri!
Krissy was a lot happier staying behind!
We met the owner at a local shop that was a lot like our Rural King.  She got out of her yellow two door Ford explorer with the sweetest puppy I'd ever laid eyes on.  I couldn't stop holding, petting, and loving on her long enough to share her with Kevin and the kids. (Eventually I did so I could take pictures of her!)

We went into the store we met at and let the kids pick the puppy out a toy.  We had decided on the name CeCe before we had even picked her up.  We kept stopping to take her picture and to aww over everything she did!  We headed back home so we could go show off this cutie pie!

The first picture I took of CeCe.
The car ride home.
Puppy faces are the sweetest!!!
She had been living in a barn and had fleas and ticks all over her.  We stopped at a gas station to buy a pair of tweezers so Kevin could get some of the ticks off.  Her puppy checkup revealed she had a bad case of worms.  She also got a bladder infection shortly after we got her.  It was an expensive first couple months with her!
I insisted on a puppy photo shoot at the river shortly after we got her!  I'm so glad we took the time to do this!

The kids loved her being so small.
She quickly started picking up the same habits TJ had... Barking at cars and neighbors, "greeting" guests by jumping all over them, and chewing up anything she could get her mouth on!  


CeCe doesn't have the same protective nature that TJ had, she is more gentle than TJ was.  She also can get her feelings hurt and TJ was a big loon and nothing could upset him.  TJ never listened.  Never.  Ever.  CeCe will listen, especially if she's inside (outside is her territory and she pretty much ignores me when she wants to)!  


We have had so much fun taking her on walks or to PetSmart or getting her groomed.  She can be a lot of work, but the kids love her (most of the time) and she is a good snuggler and crumb cleaner! She's so gentle with Krissy and loves to "kiss" Austin.  That poor kid has had his sweet little face cleaned more times than I can count!  Sorry, Austin!


CeCe sporting her summer cut!
On her bucket list for this year:  take her swimming!  We love our stinky doggy and tell her all the time how good she is :) can't imagine our family without her!

1 comment:

  1. Happy adoption day CeCe! Those puppy pictures are the cutest!! A pet photo shoot should be a requirement for everyone when they bring home a new furry family member! It's clear that the kids love her and I'm sure they'll have lots of fun together in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete