barn sale

Monday, June 23, 2014

Foundation Brush

I'm devoting the week to talk about 5 of my favorite new makeup products I've been using lately!

I thought I'd start with a change I've made to my foundation routine!  I use to apply my liquid, medium coverage foundation with my fingers or a wedge shaped sponge.  I was watching some video makeup tutorials and it seemed really common to use a brush to apply liquid foundation.  I thought I'd have to spend a lot of money on one, but I found a kabuki brush made by E.L.F. for $6 at my Walmart.  I've been very pleased with it!  They also make a flat top powder brush for $3 that I've seen used in makeup tutorials.  I like how the brush gives my foundation a smoother finish than my fingers ever could!  It also distributes the foundation more evenly.
To apply your foundation, you put a pea size amount of foundation on the back of your hand.  Take your brush and dab into the foundation.  It will quickly pick it up.  Next, you'll use a dabbing motion and apply the foundation all over your face.  Once it's applied, use brush strokes to smooth it all out.  I like to finish by rubbing the brush down my neck to get off the excess foundation off the brush!  If you use liquid foundation, you should give this brush a try!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting... I've not ever used a foundation brush this big. Mine looked more like a large paint brush which would explain why I didn't care for the way it applied the foundation. Sounds like this option is better for applying it evenly. I've been using sponges but I'll have to check out this oversized brush.

    ReplyDelete