barn sale

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Mini Cinnamon Rolls

These little cinnamon rolls are such a treat!  I found the recipe on this blog (she has step by step pics if you need them).  As I mentioned earlier, these are so so so good!  No dealing with yeast, no waiting on dough to rise, how can you go wrong?! I made a double batch and I ate way more than I should have.  Each one is 1 WW point+.  It's hard to stop eating them!  I think next time I make them, I'll just do 1 batch (which makes 20 tiny rolls) and that way we all just get a few.  Pair them with some fruit and it makes for a yummy breakfast!  They are even good later in the day.........which is when I finished them off.

One recipe yields 20 mini rolls
The ingredients:
  • 8 ounces reduced-fat crescent rolls (I used Great Value because they didn't have Pillsbury and they were just as great!)
  • 3 tsps sugar, divided
  • 1 tsp cinnamon, divided
  • 1/2 C powdered sugar
  • 2-3 teaspoons skim milk
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375*
  2. Open the dough and separate into two sections (4 crescent rolls per sections).  Press together the perforations.
  3. Sprinkle half the sugar and half the cinnamon on the dough.  (I added a little more cinnamon just because I like cinnamon!  I know it doesn't seem like much sugar, but it's enough)!
  4. Roll the dough up starting on the long side.  Cut into 10 mini rolls.  
  5. Repeat for the other section.
  6. Place rolls on greased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 mins.
  7. While baking, stir together powdered sugar and milk.  
  8. When rolls come out of the oven, immediately pour icing on top.  
  9. Enjoy!!!
 

1 comment: