1. I hit the jackpot on kids clothes while thrifting on Tuesday! Here's a look at what I got!
 |
| For Allie: Levi denim skirt, Crazy 8 cat shirt, Gymboree overall dress, Lands End button down shirt |
 |
| For Allie: Polka dot skinny jeans from Target, Gap long sleeved/hooded graphic tee, Levi heart pocket jeans, cream cardigan, and a Children's Place long sleeved tee |
 |
| For Hayden: Children's place jeans, Osh Kosh tshirt, Children's Place half zip sweater, and and Old Navy Angry Birds tee. |
 |
| For Hayden: school shirts from several places |
 |
| For me :): Tommy Hilfiger green/white button down, pink tank from Limited, stripey shirt from the Loft, and Levi jeans (that I'm going to turn into capris!) |
 |
| Top 2 shirts are for my niece Addison (both are Gymboree), polka dot capris for my sis, and the bottom two shirts are for my niece Olive (Gymboree and Chaps) |
|
 |
| Krissy got this cute heart dress from Gymboree and a green Polo sweater (not pictured) |
2. Austin took his first trip to Christmas Lake last weekend! Kevin, Hayden and Allie did some fishing, Krissy (and her cousin) and I took a walk with my mom, and my dad hung out with Austin while he slept! It was a fun visit!
 |
| Poor minnow... |
 |
| Their big catches |
 |
| Cousins take a stroller ride |
 |
| Hayden checking out some "treasures" |
3. Kevin and I went on a double date last weekend with friends of ours! We planned on dinner and a movie (Gods Not Dead). We showed up to the theater about 30 mins before the movie started and it was sold out! We didn't have a plan B, so we decided to go to Starbucks. We decided we'd go bowling and when we arrived it was so busy there was a 45 min wait for a lane! So, plan C, we decided to try Bob Walthers. We stayed and played games for a good hour. We had a lot of fun :)
4. Ive been trying to make some healthier side dishes. I made some cinnamon/honey roasted sweet potatoes and they were good! I'd recommend cutting them smaller than the recipe suggests because I liked them a little crispy! We have also been on a smoothie kick! Berry based ones are our favorite, but we branched out and tried some green ones that the kids scarfed down!
5. Hayden finished his first year of homeschool on Tuesday! I really enjoyed being the teacher this year. I had to overcome lots of mommy/teacher guilt, but we both learned a lot since July! There were lots of challenging days but it was the right decision for us last year and I'd do it all over again. We have decided to give Castle a try next year and we did some evaluations with the school to see where he's at compared to their kindergarteners. He scored right on track with their current group of kindergarteners so he will be going to first grade next fall! I'm proud of my boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment