barn sale

Saturday, September 15, 2012

September's Mid Month Update

Outside my window . . .it's partly sunny and mid 70s. 

I am thinking . . . this may be our last weekend as a family of 4!  (That didn't really hit me until last night!)

I am thankful for . . .Proverbs 31 Ministries.  I love their daily devotional email and I just "liked' their facebook page which posts great things throughout the day. 

In the kitchen . . .we have a gnat problem!  Anyone else have them?  I don't know if I brought in with some fruit I brought, but they are driving me nuts!

I am wearing . . .maternity capris and a black maternity shirt that is barely covering my huge belly.

I am creating . . . nothing really.  My focus is on preparing my house for a possible delivery this week, catching up on things I've been putting off, and making sure the kids have a fun next few days.

I am going . . .to pig out the last few days I'm pregnant because I can't be doing that post delivery. 

I am wondering . . .if I've dilated to 2cms yet.  I'm really hoping I have!  Patience is clearly something I struggle with....

I am reading . . .I'm finishing Radical by David Platt and I started reading Sacred Marriage for the women's bible study I'm in.

I am hoping . . . the transition from 2 to 3 is as easy as it was from 1 to 2!

I am looking forward to . . . seeing how Hayden and Allie love their new sibling.  They are both so excited and daily argue over who gets to hold the baby first. 

I am hearing . . . the Alabama/Arkansas game.  I haven't watched much football this season, but I do love catching a good Alabama game when I have a chance!  Roll Tide~

Around the house . . .We've been trying a new bedtime routine that's working well!  At 7pm we clean up.  The kids both help.  We usually spend 15-20 minutes cleaning (I usually get the vacuum out at some point).  Then Kevin or I give baths and we brush teeth.  This takes another 20 minutes or so.  Next we'll read bible stories for 10-15 minutes, then we get the kids tucked in.  They are usually in bed around 8.  Hayden usually falls right to sleep and Allie usually has to talk for 15+ minutes before she's out.  I really like how this last hour has been going :)

One of my favorite things . . . has been learning how to sew.  My only experience was 7th grade home ec and it has been pretty easy to get my feet wet.  I've got a list of project I want to make (curtains, blankets, things for the kids, skirts for me once I get back to my regular size, the list is endless!)

A few plans for the rest of the week . . .Church tonight, maybe a cookout before baby #3 comes, doctor's appointment Tuesday, and loving on my kiddos as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment