barn sale

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Only When I'm Pregnant - 38 Weeks

My toes are pretty and I'm ready to deliver.... buuuut baby isn't quite ready yet.  Rats.

No real swelling to report, but I'm still having lots of pressure and hip/back pain.  Yesterday I had my weekly checkup.  I was really hoping I had made some progress, but no such luck.  Everything was still the same as last week.  (1 cm, 50%, baby very low)  The baby's heartbeat was 152.  I was having boy feelings the last couple days, but with that high heart beat, I'm back to thinking girl.  The only news I got from the doctor about D-Day (Delivery Day) was that next week, if I've progressed to 2cms or more, she will induce me that week (that's just over a week from today).  If I'm still at 1cm, I will have to wait till two more weeks, and get induced the day after my due date... of course I'm really hoping for the sooner D-Day...

Spring lettuce, strawberries, almonds, and poppy seed dressing... yum
I feel like I could eat 24/7.  I never really feel full, but if I don't eat every few hours I get crazy hungry.  Some of my favorite foods continue to be chocolate and caramel.  I also had a strong craving for a strawberry/almond/spring salad and gooey cake.


Yesterday after my appointment I did some thrifting and picked up several shirts I am hoping to wear post delivery.  It's always an awkward time when none of your old clothes fit... and I'd rather poke my eyes out then keep wearing maternity clothes... so I'm hoping with the "bigger" clothes, I'll be able to get out of the house with out being 100% self conscience (and I really struggle with that post delivery).

No comments:

Post a Comment