![]() |
| The table cloth, oven mitt, and pot holder all came from Walmart! |
Original recipe can be found here.
I should also mention, if you love snickerdoodles but aren't into baking, Walmart carries a box mix called Krusteaz (I think you just add a stick of butter), and their snickerdoodle cookies are pretty amazing! They have a flatter/chewy consistency and are so so good.
Ingredients:
1 C unsalted butter, softened
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 C sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
3 1/4 C all purpose flour
(Topping)
1/3 C sugar
1 heaped tsp cinnamon
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*
In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon and mix well. Add in the cream of tartar, baking soda, and half of the flour mixture and mix on low until combined. Add in remaining flour and mix again just until combined.
In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
Scoop the dough with a cookie scoop, and coat the balls in the cinnamon sugar topping. Place cookies on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 mins. {At 8 minutes, the cookies were still a bit gooey in the middle, but once they cooled, they were a great consistency. I like mine a bit more done (so we can eat them out of the oven), and I opted to bake mine for 10 minutes.} Let cool on the cookie sheet a few minutes then transfer to counter to cool completely.
What I like about them:
They are super thick, and soft. They are good out of the oven and equally as good the next day. This is a good recipe to make with the kids - they can roll the cookies in the cinnamon and sugar mixture! The dough doesn't require any refrigerating, so they are pretty quick to make!
![]() | |
| The cookie is very thick and soft. The original recipe calls them chewy, but mine weren't chewy. |
![]() |
| Allie's been pretty upset we've eaten or shared all the cookies before she's gotten home from school, so I made sure to pack her (and Hayden) some in their lunches today! |



Cute Valentine's Day kitchen things!! I'm sure the kids were excited to find cookies in their lunches. Glad you found a good snickerdoodle recipe.
ReplyDelete