My first recipe to try was an instant family favorite. Allie had seconds and thirds, Hayden had seconds, Kevin raved about the dinner and even posted about his love for it on instagram! Haha! I also love finding new recipes I can make in my electic skillet and this one worked perfect! (Definitely easy to make in a pan on the stove too, so don't let that last sentence make you think you can't make it!) If you've never bought pesto from the store, it's by the pasta sauces (thanks sis for that tip!)
Original recipe can be found here. I did a few things different (like increased the noodles a tad, increased the cream and cheese, and nixed the cherry tomatoes {which I'm sure my kids would have loved, but Kevin and I gag at the thought of them}).
Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into ½-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pesto
- 3 cups (uncooked) mini penne pasta
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Combine the chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until chicken is browned. Start cooking your noodles while you're chicken is cooking.
Next, bring to a boil and cook until the sauce has reduced, about five to seven minutes.
Toss in the drained pasta, stirring until evenly coated. Remove from heat. To serve, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top!
I love pesto! Welcome to the club :) I love to make a pesto chicken salad (shredded chicken + as much pesto as you like) or pesto pasta (cooked noodles + pesto and olive oil topped with grilled chicken and parmesan). Wish we were having that for dinner. Your Pesto Pasta sounds delish! Be sure to share any more yummy pesto recipes.
ReplyDelete