Yesterday Kevin had the day off work, while the two oldest kids had to make up their snow day from a couple weeks ago. We wanted to do something fun, so we headed to Kentucky to eat at
Patti's. It's always been one of my favorite restaurants for so many reasons; I love the shopping in and around the restaurant, I love the strawberry butter, I love the food, I love the restaurant decor, and if I have room for dessert (which I usually don't), it's amazing too. If you ever get to Grand Rivers, you have to go eat there!
Before we ate, we made a pit stop at Kevin's parents property by Barkley Lake so he could see if there were any signs of deer. He's wanting to hunt down there this fall with Hayden. I promise to cheer them on (because I know it's something he likes and wants to do), but let's be honest.... I want nothin to do with a dead deer.... I take that back. I wouldn't mind one deer head mount for me to decorate with seasonal things, but that's it. We spent about an hour walking through the woods looking for hoof prints, bedding areas, and deer rubs. I know you're jealous.
Here are some pictures from our lunch out :)
 |
| Most of the Christmas decor was still up, and it was fun to see! |
 |
| Me & Krissy waiting on that bread! |
 |
| Flower pot bread with 2x strawberry butter and regular butter |
 |
| Kevin & Austin |
 |
| Krissy & Austin both loved the bread (Austin was licking strawberry butter off his plate), and they both got corn dogs and homemade chips for lunch that they loved too! |
 |
| I got my usual - aloha chicken salad. It was fantastic! The kids helped me eat my fruit :) Kevin got a fried chicken salad that I didn't get pictures of. |
 |
| Before we left, I looked around their store and found their 75% off Christmas clearance. I saw this little mistletoe ornament and decided I needed it! (It looked like all the stores were having huge sales, so it's a good thing we ran out of time and had to get home!) |
 |
| We couldn't leave without a picture of Krissy on that big pink tractor! |
 |
| These two crashed on the way home and Kevin and I enjoyed the silent ride back home! |
No comments:
Post a Comment