barn sale

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

New Resolutions for the New Year

Can you believe we are over half way through January?!  Over the last few years, I've gotten on board with making New Year's Resolutions.  Most of the resolutions I make are smaller things I want to accomplish that year - like making a quilt for example.  (I can't say I've completed that quite yet, but I think this year will be the year.)  I have been feeling for awhile like I need to get my priorities in order, so I'm working really hard to keep the resolutions I've made. 

I found an app called "Bible Study" and it's a 365 day plan to read the entire bible in chronological order.  I'm currently reading in Genesis (just finished Job), and I have to say, I don't want to stop at the end of my daily reading.  I'm learning so much.  I have a study bible and that makes a huge difference.  The little commentary at the bottom just makes what you've read more applicable to your life.  I try to get my reading done once I get Hayden and Allie to school, and Krissy & Austin have been fed.  I usually set out about 30 minutes to read and journal afterwards.  It's been a great thing to add to the start of my day, and really sets my mind/attitude for the rest of the day.  I've heard that said a thousand times, but didn't really realize how true it was until I saw for myself!

I also started a workout program at the beginning of January.  It's from BeachBody (21 day fix), and it's 30 minutes a day at home.  You focus on a different area of the body every 7 days, but then it repeats itself each week.  I'm really enjoying it, and already feeling better.  That first week, I was incredibly sore, and complained like a baby almost everyday - just ask Kevin.  I didn't weigh myself to begin, and I haven't weighed myself any other day.  I'm mentally at a point where I don't care what the number on the scale says, I just want to feel healthy and less jiggly.  My knees and hips pop like an 80 year old woman now, and I'm sure that will only get worse as I get older - also, we have a Florida trip planned for May and who wants to put on a swimsuit when you feel bleh?! So I'm prioritizing my health every day.

Lastly, Kevin and I are both working on keeping a budget.  Every month, for the last 4-5 years, I've made a monthly budget.  Just because I've made the budget, doesn't mean we've stuck to the budget.  Know what I mean? We set some financial goals, and are both working towards making them this year!

I don't know what your goals are for the year, but something I keep telling myself to hold me accountable is, "You don't get December results in January".  It takes a full year of reading/learning, a full year of making the choice to work out, a full year of watching how you spend your money to see real results.  Are you still going with your resolutions or have you already given up?

No comments:

Post a Comment