We had a non-stop weekend but it was also relaxing and productive... Don't ask me how that happened! The kids spent time playing in the sprinkler, Hayden & Allie did a little school work, we played cards when it rained, and we stayed on top of house hold chores! (That doesn't happen most weeks!). Here's a recap of a great week!
Memorial Day Weekend in Spencer County:
Saturday we met some family in Spencer County to decorate some family graves. The kids actually did really well at the cemetery, but I had to correct behavior and let them know what was considered disrespectful as we went (i.e. sitting on headstones, picking up trinkets left on headstones by family members etc.). Next year we may try to go to another cemetery or two so they can hear some family history stories! :)
After we left the cemetery, we went to Huntingburg. I love the little shops there. And I left town with only spending $1! I found an adorable little vase that I knew would be perfect for all the little flowers my kids pick for me!
We spent the rest of the day at Christmas Lake. The kids explored the yard and found all kinds of "treasures".
We had a deer join us during dinner!
My favorite find in the yard was discovered by Allie... It was this opened nut shell shaped like a heart!
Mailbox Landscape:
Sunday afternoon Kevin and I were sitting outside talking about outdoor plans and what we'd like to get done. We decided to just jump right in and tackle one project that afternoon - the mailbox. Days earlier I sprayed the mailbox area with weed killer. The big rocks we used were all in our backyard. Actually 3 of those big pieces were one big rock Kevin was able to split. The river rock was taken out of old landscape about a month ago and it's been sitting in the driveway waiting for me to use it! It cost us nothing to do this little transformation, which was the best part. We've had several neighbors tell us how nice it looks. I'm anxious to get the front upgrades finished (still need plants/rocks in front of the house, we'd like to replace the porch columns, and refinish the basketball goal), but I know it all takes time (and money!).
4 Wheeler:
We decided a couple months ago to sell the kids 4 wheeler. Kevin has had problems with the carburetor so he decided to just order a new one and replace it. He fixed it on Monday and all the kids were so excited to ride it. We questioned whether or not we should sell it because the kids love it so much, but it just comes down to the fact we only have the front yard for them to ride it in and it's just not worth keeping it. So if you know anyone wanting a little 4 wheeler, send them my way!
Potty Training:
And because I'm SO proud of Austin, I have to give you a potty training update. I know it's only been two weeks since we officially started, but he's mastered it! And not just during the day, but nap time and night time too! Hayden was a potty training pro, and did exactly what Austin has done - quick/easy/no accidents/just got it. Allie wore a diaper at night all through year 3, and right before her 4th birthday was able to stop wearing them. Krissy was staying dry during the night so this past week she's stopped wearing diapers at night too (but she's been day time potty trained for over a year). Are we really past the diaper stage?! Holy moly! In case you wondered what technique we used, I have the kids go bottomless and wear a long Tshirt for a couple days. Austin wasn't a fan of bottomless so I let him wear undies. He went pee outside a few times but never had an accident inside. Day 3, I let him wear pants but no undies and we did that for a good week. The middle of this week he started wearing undies and shorts. We've gone out on shopping trips, did an overnight trip this past weekend, and still no accidents. Ok ok, I'm done. Just so proud of him!
Memorial Day Cookout:
We spent Monday evening at Kevin's parents house. They grilled burgers, hot dogs, and brats for us. There was also a yummy fruit tray that his parents sent home with us and the kids loved it. The highlight for the kids was finding this little frog in the outdoor umbrella.
4th of July Outfits:
I went to Sams Club a couple weeks ago and loved a 4th of July outfit they had in the girls sizes. I told myself to wait, they didn't need it, but I couldn't stop thinking about them! I ended up giving in and getting them this week! Actually the Evansville store only had Krissy's size when I decided to purchase them, but my dad was traveling to Terre Haute and picked up one at their Sams Club in Allie's size. Kevin's work is hosting a family night with front row seats to the fireworks downtown on the 4th so we are looking forward to that!
We are looking forward to a low key weekend and VBS this coming week! Hope you have a great week!











No comments:
Post a Comment