barn sale

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Our Get-Away (Day 4)

We were sad and happy for our last day.  We had about two hours to get ready/clean up/pack up.  It's so much faster when clean up doesn't involve kids lol!

I realized before we took off I hadn't taken any pictures of the condo.  So, here's what we pulled up to everyday.  There was actually a second two story house behind the one pictured that was where we stayed.

We left to get breakfast and head to the airport about 9:15.  As soon as we turned on the main street, Kevin turned on the radio and the song playing was, "Back to life, back to reality," and we laughed about how fitting the song was!

We grabbed breakfast at Einsteins bagels.  It was delish.

We said goodbye to our fun Mustang and made our way to check in at the airport.  It was raining a bit right before we started to board, but the rain stopped before take off.

Our flight was uneventful but the landing was a bit rough. I did think I may lose my breakfast with all the sharp turns and quick drops.  But I didn't.  We arrived in St Louis about 1:30.

We made plans to stop at the IKEA store before we headed home.  I stocked up on my favorite napkins, straws, knives and cups.  We also picked up a shelf for the boys room.  I'm hoping that gets assembled this weekend!

The three hour drive back home seemed to take forever!  We were ready to get home to the kids!  We were greeted with huge hugs and requests for souvieners.  Austin hugged me and said, "I like your hat mom!"  He's such a sweetie.  The kids loved what we picked out for them.  We spent the rest of the night and the next day making up for 3 lost days of snuggling :)



1 comment:

  1. Yay for an IKEA trip!! I love their straws/napkins and am looking at ordering some curtains from them as well as some cute art display options for the kids. I can't wait until Indy gets an IKEA. Glad you had a great getaway!!

    ReplyDelete