barn sale

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Weekly Happenings

This last full week of May brought with it some welcomed changes!  Summer break officially started for Hayden! (Insert happy dance) Kevin ended his almost 3 weeks straight of work and we are starting off the weekend with lots of family activities!  Last night one of Kevins coworkers and his family came over for dinner and we had a lovely evening with them!  My kids loved their little girl that was almost 6 months old.  Kevin grilled ribeyes and inside I made seasoned mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, fruit salad, homemade bread and cinnamon butter and for dessert I made homemade brownies and apple pie!  Definitely one of the better meals I've made lately! :))

Quick recap in pics:
Austin got stung by a bee.  He ran inside screaming, holding his toes up when he walked and I just knew he'd stung.  After a closer look I saw the stinger under his 4th toe.  I got it out, added some lavender essential oil to the sting, and the other three kids quickly took over comforting him (with snacks, drinks, ice packs and his favorite blankets!






We got to see some family and celebrate my nieces birthday last weekend.  My kids also got to meet their newest cousin!


My week wouldn't be complete without some baking.  I made strawberry cupcakes, twice, and was happy with them.  They weren't perfect, but they were good.  And I promise I don't eat batches of cupcakes every week.  I eat a couple, and so do the kids and we usually throw them away the next day. 
I also made me favorite homemade brownies for Hayden's teacher and bus driver (and funny side note:  I may have messed them up!  I made the brownies again days later and realized I probably forgot to add the oil!  Darn!)

The baby chickens moved in with the big chickens this week.  It's not been smooth sailing.  In fact it's safe to say the big sisters hate the little sisters.  The pull the feathers, peck them, but their heads, and make them slew below them on the stairs... Which also means they get pooped on!  Poor babies.  And they would rather sleep in the fence but I'm afraid they will get eaten and I make them go in the coop!


First day of school vs last day of school!
Summer break officially started!

Krissy loves to dress herself and I love seeing what she puts together in the mornings :)

Hope you have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment