barn sale

Monday, May 16, 2016

Kid Sayings


I wish I had started these posts sooner because they make me smile!  I keep an ongoing post in the "notes" on my phone so I don't forget who said what. Here's the latest running list of things the kids said that made me smile and laugh!

3-5-16
I reminded Kevin to set his alarm before bed and Hayden said: "Does it wake you up?"
Me: "Yes, every time! and I'm all like (making funny faces and hand gestures) ah oh what's going on?"
Hayden: "Oh, I thought you were going to say it scared the crap out of you."
(And that's one of my go-to sayings and hearing him say it made me realize how bad that actually sounds!)

3-7-16
Watching The Voice
Hayden: "Mom, you should be on that."
Me: "Really?"
Hayden: "Yeah... You have a good voice!"
(Not true, but thank you son!)

3-12-16
I had been remaking Allies Easter dress, and also cleaning up a paint mess Austin made (which I ended up getting paint all over the sweatshirt I was wearing and I didn't even bother to change clothes) and to top it off my iron died.  I ran to my moms house to borrow hers and when I got home all the kids were asking where I'd been.
Me: "I had to go to Mimi's house and get her iron."
Hayden: "Like that??"
Me: "Yea! No one even saw me!"

3-28-16
I was working on a pie and looking for all my kitchen tools I needed when I hear...
Austin: "Mmmm I like it!"
I turn around to see him licking my spatula...
Me: "Oh honey! Oh on! Don't eat that!"
Austin: "I like tatos!"
Me: "Honey that's called crisco, not potatoes."
Austin smiling really big: "I like it!"

4-16-16
Krissy dramatically telling me about her teacher at church, "My teacher couldn't walk or do anything! Her legs were hurt! She had toilet paper on her leg!" Toilet paper=ace bandage.

4-16-16
Allie and Hayden having a conversation about me...
Allie: "Her name use to be Haley when she was little."
Hayden: "That's still her name."
Allie: "..............."
Me: "What's my name now Allie?"
Allie: "Mommy!"

4-26-16
Me: "I'm everyones mom!"
Allie: "Not everyones!"
Me: "Well Hayden's, Allies, Krissys, and Austins mom!"
Krissy: "and daddy's mom!"

5-?-2016
Austin meowing...
Me: "Oh my little kitty!"
Austin meowing more, and more...
Krissy yelling at  Austin: "YOU ARE A HUMAN!" 
(Krissy likes to tweet and pretend to be a little birdy so I reminded her of that!)

5-15-16
Austin:  "I got green car!"
Me:  "Yes you do!  What color is my robe?"  
Austin:  "Ummm... Cute"

No comments:

Post a Comment