barn sale

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Happy Anniversary

My parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary today!

Friday morning, I went to their house while my dad was mowing.  I was being vague and just told dad I was looking for some pictures.  I went through photo albums and snapped pictures on my phone of them throughout the 40 years they've been married.  I came home, put them in a flipagram, added some music, and voila!  I didn't show it to them right away though.  We took them to one of our favorite family restaurants, Log Inn, for dinner to celebrate that evening.  After dinner and dessert I texted them the link to the video.  They both told me how fun it was to look back at all the pictures and see how they've changed over the years.  

Mom & Dad,
I'm so thankful for your example of marriage.  Growing up, I never worried about you splitting up, and I appreciate that gift of stability in my life.  Having been married 9 years now, I understand the highs and lows that come along with the package of being married.  How neat is it that you've endured all the good and bad and shared 40 years of life together?  Watching us kids grow, get married, then have babies... I can't think of anything more rewarding in life!   

I hope this next chapter of your life is filled with tons of: good memories, good health, retirement, vacations, get-a-ways to Christmas Lake, and enjoying your empty nest together :) Thank you for being my parents!  I love you!
Haley 

(I made them stop on the way home from dinner Friday night for a couple pictures.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment