My Facebook news feed is literally blowing up with people posting daily what they are thankful for. It's definitely not a bad thing, but instead of following the trend, I decided once a week, every week of November, I'd write a post highlighting some things I'm thankful for in certain areas of my life.
Spiritual Walk:
Crossroads is blessed to have an amazing senior pastor, Ken Idleman. He is overflowing with wisdom and is able to present solid biblical truth in a loving way. His messages every weekend are so convicting/challenging. I truly look forward to church every weekend. I believe behind every strong man is a wonderful wife, and Ken's wife, Kaylene, is no exception. She teaches my bible study class on Wednesdays and her class is the highlight of my week. She gives the entire class so much encouragement on being a wife and mother. These two people have impacted my life so much.
Kevin:
I'm thankful for our marriage. We have our ups and downs just like everyone else, but it's reassuring to know the "D" word will never be an option for us, and he'll always be here. We are both 100% committed. I know it's a little gaggy, but I like stability, and I know I've found that in our marriage. We can give our parents credit for being good examples!
My little people:
My kids are busy, mischievous, loud, non-stop, and full of life. I can't imagine having a child any other way. Are there really such thing as calm, quiet kids that actually listen to their parents? I'm thankful for them being wired this way because it's challenged me to become more patient.
Things that make me happy:
My furry babies. I am thankful for them. Especially Harry (aka The Best Cat in the World!). >^..^<
Conveniences:
I am thankful for our home. I love having a big yard the kids and dog can play in. I like that our rooms are so close together that I don't need to use baby monitors. I love my kitchen and the big window in it. We have great neighbors that are always looking out for us. I also like that I'm two minutes away from Walmart, and since I'm there daily, that's a big perk!
No comments:
Post a Comment