barn sale

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Birthday Recap

The I turned 32 last Monday!  This is the first year I can remember actually feeling older.  (Which may be a good call to action for me!)  I celebrated over the course of three days and it was a wonderful!

Kevin was scheduled to work the day before and the day of my birthday but that didn't stop him from making me feel specially!  I woke up (when my alarm went off) to find a text from him at midnight saying "happy birthday".  Before I got out of bed, I checked my email and saw he had emailed me to say he got Donut Bank for breakfast.  I walked into our family room and was surprised to see he'd bought a couple birthday banners that he'd hung up.  I also knew I was getting a new purse and coat but there was another gift bag.  He'd picked me up some warm socks and a cute pink knit hat.  He knows I'm always cold ;) 


Next up, the kids gave me cards that they had worked on the night before.  Hayden taped to my card a box of milk duds (from his Halloween candy) and two of his favorite rocks.  When it was time to take Hayden to the bus, I noticed Kevin had written on my van in shoe polish that it was my birthday.  I'm more easily embarrassed these days and it made me kind of want to stay home so no one knew! Ha!  I took it easy all day, worked on ordering pictures for my newly arranged photo collage, read a couple chapters in a book, baked cookies, and updated my chalkboard.  My parents came by that evening because I asked if they'd pick up my photo order from Sams Club.  They also delivered my new nativity set I had picked out a few weeks ago.  My mom wanted to see my new bookshelf that dad had redone for me.  It was a fun, quiet evening!





Tuesday was the day we went out to celebrate my birthday.  The family gathered at Texas Roadhouse (make a note - kids eat free on Tuesdays!) and we stuffed ourselves.  We came back to my house for a ding-dong cake my mom had made.  I opened a card and another gift and we took some pictures before calling it a night.
(My new jacket that Kevin picked out and my new purse!)
Kevin's parents gave me money to pick out my own gift and I decided on some Chanel sunglasses. I love them! 

On Wednesday, my sister had planned to come into town and shop with me all day.  Kevin woke up early and watched the kids, so I was able to go and enjoy some sister time :). We thrifted, ate at Azzip, did more shopping, and finished up at Stephen Libs.  I was tired from all that shopping!  Kevin and I rented a red box and put the kids to bed a little early so we could have an at-home date night.  I had lots of sweet texts and Instagram messages and phone calls on my birthday and I couldn't have asked for anything more!

I think 32 is going to be a great year!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great birthday! Love all of your new accessories and we had a GREAT time celebrating with you this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday once again!!
    So sweet of Kevin to do all if those special things.
    Love the sunglasses good choice
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete