Austin had a great 2nd Birthday!
Kevin woke up and got all the kids long johns from Donut Bank. While he was gone getting breakfast, I measured Austin on my wall like I do on all the kids birthdays. He opened one little gift we had picked up for him. We bought him a new mattress and bedding (like we did the other 3 kids before him) and that counted for pretty much all of his birthday gift.
We had Christmas leftover's for lunch then I made and decorated Austin's birthday cake. Kevin was a life saver and helped clean pretty much the whole house. We started welcoming family just before 5 o'clock to Austin's "Chugga Chugga two two" party!
My mom brought an adorable train shaped veggie tray and Kevin's mom brought over a delicious ham and bean soup. I made little ham and swiss sandwhiches and some vegetable lo mein. We had some of Austin's favorite chips too. It was an easy meal and everyone seemed to find just enough to fill them up!
Austin opened his sweet gifts then we let him blow out his candles twice. We had fun fetti cake and ice cream for dessert. It was a simple party, but I know he had so much fun. Here are some pics...
| He's so much bigger than the girls were at 2! I didn't measure Hayden until he was 28 months old, but Austin is about the same size Hayden was then. |
| The adorable train veggie tray |
| Austin looking over the other food. |
| The train track was made out of kit-kat and rice krispies. |
| Kevin ran by our friends house the evening of Austin's party and my friend Stephanie had made all the kids crocheted hats. They are so cute!!! We didn't want Austin to take his off! |
p.s. My siblings and their families came to Austin's party even though they aren't in many pictures! My sister didn't get to stay long due to dinner plans and my brother was in our barn working on building a gun and it was well after the party ended that I realized I didn't have a family picture of them! I need to be better about taking pictures throughout the parties! :-P
Cute choo choo party! Olive loves her train whistle :)
ReplyDeleteGreat party. Austin had a blast!!!
ReplyDelete