barn sale

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Weekly Happenings February 8-14

Happy Valentine's Day to you!  This is my favorite holiday of the entire year!  Whether you have a Valentine or not, I hope you enjoy the day!  

Here are some highlights from our week:
1.  We booked our condo for Florida!  We didn't vacation last year, so we are really looking forward to this trip!  (Thank you, tax refund, for making this possible!)  We are staying at Hidden Dunes again since we loved the resort and private beach last time!  The kids are already getting excited and I'm already collecting beachy things to fill their Easter baskets with :)

2.  Austin is consistently going 5 hours between bottles at night.  I'd like it to be longer, but it will be eventually, and at least he's consistent!  He is still so so so easy going.  He may make a whimper now and then but the kid just doesn't get upset about anything (and I know that will change as he gets older).  There's so much noise in the house (usually from my two beauties) that I really appreciate a quiet baby!

3.  We took Hayden and Allie to an IceMen game at the Ford Center.  It took them awhile to get into it, but by the time we left, they were dancing to the music and screaming "Go IceMen!"  It's not cheap entertainment (almost $60 for us just to get in), so we aren't going to make a habit of going.  I'd also say it's questionable entertainment for my kids with the fighting that goes on (all week Hayden had been showing me the punching moves he saw), and the "Hey, you suck, we're gonna knock the puck out of you" chant (which {thankfully} my kids seemed oblivious to - I was just waiting for Hayden to ask what everyone was saying).  Kevin and I think its entertaining (he's dying to be on the jumbo tron) so we'll probably try to go to a game or two every year, but we probably will be leaving the kiddos at home.
 

4.  I recieved a sweet package in the mail this week from my sis!  It was filled with candy, pens, paper (my kids 3 favorite things), and an adorable wristlet for ME!  I don't have anything like this, AND it's my favorite color, AND it's personalized!  Unexpected gifts are the best!!!

5.  Hayden lost his 2nd tooth!  Kevin tried to quickly pull it before work on Tuesday but he was in a hurry and the string wouldn't stay on Hayden's tooth.  Kevin promised him he'd get it out in the morning.  After Kevin left for work, Hayden asked if I'd try to pull it.  I was a bit queasy trying to pull the first one (Kevin ended up doing it because I couldn't), but I agreed to give it a try.  It only took one try and it popped right out with out much effort.  The toothfairy gave him a dollar with glitter on it, and he thought that was pretty cool.  He also wrote her a note asking to keep his tooth.  It now sits with his other tooth in my pewter shoe for his teeth.  I have no clue what to do with these teeth as he gets older, but I'm thinking I will make it into an ornament in the future?!  Baby teeth hanging on a Christmas tree - why not?!





6.  I ran across an adorable pair of little boy shoes on Craigslist!  They look like they were never worn, still have all the original packaging, and I got them for $5!  I can't wait for Austin to grow into them! 


1 comment:

  1. I've been to a few hockey games and I hated all the fighting!! I wanted the refs to jump in a separate those crazy guys. Glad you guys had a good time. Looks like Valentine's day was lots of fun and I had lots of fun putting together a package for your favorite holiday :)

    ReplyDelete