barn sale

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Weekly Happenings February 15-21

1.  This past Sunday we made a wreck out of half the house switching sleeping arrangments for the kids!  We moved Allie out of the room she was in, and into Krissy's room, making it the "girl room".  We took Austin's crib out of our room and moved it into the "boys room".  It took a whole day to move beds and furniture, and another day to get clothes moved.  I was nervous on night #1 wondering how the girls would do and how well I'd sleep with Austin out of our room.  It all went really smooth.  Both girls went right to sleep.  Allie didn't wake Krissy up when she got out of bed.  I slept with my noise maker off just to make sure I'd hear Austin, and I did :)  It's been a really good change!  Now comes the fun part of decorating the rooms!  (It will probably all be cheap and DIY, but fun none the less!)


2.  Sunday morning we had cereal for breakfast.  I was pouring milk on my cereal and realized it was expired-  by 6 days!  I had been drinking it the last several days with no problems.  I decided since it smelled fine and not sour, it would be fine to drink (and I also hate wasting things).  Later that afternoon my stomach was so upset.  I kept feeling like I needed to throw up but couldn't.  I couldn't stop burping horrible awful burps and it was so miserable!!!  It took about 36 hours for it all to get out of my system and trust me, I learned my lesson!  If it's expired it's going down the drain!  A $2 gallon of milk was NOT worth two days of total discomfort!

3.  Austin hit two big milestones this week!  He moved into 3-6 month/6 month clothing!  The kid is so big!  These bigger clothes really aren't even that big on him.  I'm anxious for his next check up at the end of the month to see how he's comparing to Hayden's stats at that age.  The most wonderful milestone we hit was he went 8 hours between bottles on Tuesday night!  I went to bed at 11pm and Kevin rocked him to sleep.  I woke up at 2am with Allie (leg pains) and thought I'd be up soon with the baby, but I didn't get that wake up call until 6:06am! :) Oh, and he also smiles ALL the time.  All I have to do is make eye contact with him, talk to him, and he's grinning ear to ear!

4. My mom put together a surprise retirement party for my dad Saturday night.  My sis and her family were able to come in town for the celebration.  The party was a lot of fun and dad was really surprised!  I took pictures at the party and made cupcakes for dessert!  


5.  A little past due, but after I had already posted last weeks post, I received beautiful roses from Kevin for Valentine's Day!  We had agreed not to do anything, but I did buy him a card and his favorite pack of gum.  I really expected nothing!  He gave me a card, chocolates, a teddy bear (that Allie has claimed as hers), and the surprise roses!  He definitely outdid himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment