Since I am horrible at keeping up with my blog lately, I decided I'd try to keep up with a "weekly happenings" (much like
my sister's hi-five for friday blog posts on Fridays!). I love going back and looking at old pictures and recipes on my own blog, so this is really more for me more than anyone else, but feel free to check in weekly as I hope to keep up with it!
October 5-11
1. Hello Fall Festival! We were all so excited to go and eat this week! We didn't do rides - Hayden doesn't love any rides, and Allie doesn't really know they are even at the fall fest, so we just stuck to the food this year! I had been craving a monster ear for months and I ate every last bite of mine (and even thought about licking the extra goo off of the paper)! I resisted ;) I also enjoyed caramel apples. The kids had hot dogs and cotton candy and Kevin had jalapeno poppers, fried rice, and a monster ear too.
 |
| The best picture I could get with the sun shining in their eyes! |
 |
| My monster ear |
2. Krissy had her 1 year check up on Tuesday. We just switched pediatricians and we love our new one. She is very detailed and isn't as laid back as our previous one. I was telling her about concerns I had about Krissy's eating (she has had issues with diarrhea and vomiting and I'm not sure what foods cause it) and she ordered blood work to be done, which we are doing today, then we will go from there. We still aren't sure which food group(s) upset her belly but she hasn't been able to drink milk. So, this seems like it will be a long process, but we are glad to be getting it started. Krissy was 77% in height and 21% in weight. She is normally in the 30th percentile, so that's why we are concerned with her lack of eating. She had a very mild ear infection and she ended the visit with 4 shots, but was a trooper!
 |
| She's growing like a weed! |
3. This actually happened last week, but I had a check up with my OB and all my genetic tests came back normal. If you remember, I have a single artery in the umbilical cord which can be a marker for a few genetic disorders, so it was definitely a weight off our shoulders to know all is well with baby boy. They told us previously that the biggest issue with this single artery is slow growth, which means a small baby, but at our 27 week ultrasound, baby boy was in the 81% for weight - he's a chunker! I don't forsee him being another 10 1/2 lb baby like Hayden was, because my OB has decided to induce me December 23rd (39 weeks), unless I have him before (which hasn't happened the first 3 times, so I don't expect it to happen this time)!
 |
| Newest ultrasound pic. Can't tell who he looks like. |
4. Kevin and I started a new book on marriage called Beyond Ordinary by Justin & Trish Davis. We checked it out from our church resource center after hearing the authors speak during a Focus on the Family broadcast. I finished the book this week and Kevin is hoping to finish it next week! There are SO many good take away points! I'd highly highly recommend it!!!! We've also been listening to the "Romance Uncensored" series, which was a marriage retreat, from Brand New Church (they have a free app, so get it). They had guest speakers Keith and Sheila Craft along with our favorite Shannon O'Dell and it's been a won-der-ful series of messages!
5. The weather was story-book perfection this week. We spent every free second of our mornings and afternoons outside enjoying the sunshine! The AC has been off, and I'm really going to enjoy that low Vectren bill when it comes!
Other recent happenings:
- CeCe got spayed the last week of September. She was down and out for the day, but was back to being herself the next day.
- Hayden is losing almost all of his fingernails and toenails as a result of having Hand Foot Mouth Disease. He had the newer stronger virus and losing your nails is common with it. He doesn't seem to be having any pain from it, it's just not pretty! As of right now, Krissy looks like she may lose a toenail as well.
- Krissy got her one year pics taken with my cousin Lacey and she was NOT interested in sitting for any pictures! Since she started walking, she's always on the go.
 |
| Her smash cake that she wasn't at all interested in. |
- We are trying to reorganize and clean up the house to make room for Baby Boy. We have decided to set up his nursery in our room, then when he is 4-6 months old, we will set up our "boys room" and "girls room." I'm praying that's a smooth transition. Krissy going to a twin size bed, and separating Hayden and Allie seem like they may be little hurdles.
- I'm getting the kids flu shots this year. I haven't ever done that before, but with the baby coming during flu season, I thought it may be good. Hayden is the last one that needs it.
No comments:
Post a Comment