October 12-18
1. I slightly panicked at the realization that Baby Boy will be here in 10 weeks or less. I have literally done nothing to prepare for his arrival. While I was trying to find a used crib on craigslist, I ran across the cutest baby boy bedding from Pottery Barn. It was a steal! The lady selling it lives almost 3 hours away and has agreed to ship it, so I should be getting it sometime next week!
2. I got all my winter maternity clothes washed and hung up to wear for the next couple months. I've been putting it off for awhile so it was nice to get that done. I think the cooler weather may be here to stay!
3. I tried 4 new recipes this past week. I already blogged the chicken noodle soup recipe, which is an all time favorite of mine. I also made an easy casserole that was similar to a lasagna, pepperoni calzones, and soft pretzels. All were good, but the last 3 need some tweaking.
 |
| Needed more sauce... |
 |
| We didn't love the ricotta cheese mixture... |
 |
| Pretzels needed to be thinner to be more Auntie Ann like... |
4. We all had colds this week, but Allie and Kevin had it the worst. You may be asking why this is a highlight. Kevin took a sick day yesterday because he had a fever, and we just enjoyed having him home for the evening! He got to watch the kids play, I baked him chocolate chip cookies after dinner, and we were able to go to bed relatively early. It was a good sick day!
 |
| The girls were playing in the cozy coupe. |
5. Hayden got his nasal version of the flu shot yesterday. We made the most of our time in Boonville by having lunch with my Dad. When we got home, we were thrilled to see Hayden's new boots had arrived with our mail! He wears boots 90% of the year so I'm sure they won't stay looking this good for long!
No comments:
Post a Comment