barn sale

Friday, October 25, 2013

Weekly Happenings

October 19-25

1.  I finished the kids Halloween costumes this week!  It took two days of sewing every free moment I had, but they came together rather quickly and I think the kids will look cute and be warm!  I was questioning whether or not to post a picture, but I'm going to wait till I have a picture of everyone wearing their costumes. :)

2.  I made a batch of sugar cookies this week!  I haven't made any in months, so it was a nice treat to snack on!  I met my friend Amy for lunch this week and shared this plate with her and her family!

3.  I had not one, but two, snickers blizzards this week.  It was a baby craving, and baby gets what baby wants! 

4.  I hosted a little family get-together for my mom's birthday.  Kevin grilled pork chops while inside I made twice baked potatoes, green beans, rolls, german chocolate cake, and brownies (for the rest of us that don't love german chocolate cake) :)  It's always fun getting together with the family.  And we even got to facetime with my sis, so it was nice she could be a part of the festivities too!




5.  I reached the 30th week of my pregnancy.  All that means for me is I'm getting up nightly to pee and my back and hip pain is getting way worse.  However, I do love feeling his kicks that are getting stronger, and feeling his frequent hiccups.  I'm looking forward to starting and finishing some baby projects over the next month! (Top of my list is find a used crib/diaper changer combo for less than $150 preferably in a dark stained wood!)

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading about all of your yummy food! I've never had a Snicker's blizzard so I'll have to try that next time I go to DQ. I wish you could have sent me some twice baked potatoes via Facetime because those look delish! I'm excited to see your kiddos on Halloween.

    ReplyDelete