barn sale

Friday, September 27, 2013

Mayse Farm

Last year was our first family experience with Mayse.  We waited a little late in the season to go, so it was on our "to-do" list early this year!  We received an invitation from our friends, The Fosters, so we went this past weekend!  Here's a few pictures from our trip!
We can't pass up pony rides..
Hayden wasn't nearly as excited as Allie was.
Kevin was so excited about doing the corn maze.  I thought it would be a little maze, but we realized pretty fast there was nothing little about it and it was a long long maze.  The kids didn't love it and it was not stroller friendly!  We turned around and found our way out, but I don't know that we'll be doing that again anytime soon.
Not many pictures of Krissy.  She will enjoy it more next year!
We took the hay ride out to the pumpkin patches so the kids could pick their own pumpkins! (We didn't realize last year that you could do that!)
Allie kept picking out odd pumpkins (green and pink ones) and I kept trying to point out nice circular orange ones.  Kevin kept telling me to zip it and let her pick out the one she liked... so being a sneaky mom.... I had planted one in her path and told her to see if she liked any in the area.  She ran right over to the one I "planted" and said, "I want this one!" Kevin gave me the look, but hey, it worked!  She picked it and I approved :)


The boys loved the little pumpkin/gourd sling shots.  You tried to hit Captain Hook out in the field.
They let the kids wear sunglasses for the sling shot game, and I think Allie needs a pair like this!

1 comment:

  1. Peanut always chooses the gourds and craziest pumpkins she can find too! LOL. We always go to Lark Ranch in Loogootee, but this one looks nice. We may just do two this year! Happy Birthday, Krissy. Hope you're feeling well, Haley!

    ReplyDelete