We've been without a computer for a good week because our rotten kitty (intentionally) knocked over a glass of water on the keyboard of our laptop. It is all repaired, so here's my latest edition of Kid Sayings.... Enjoy :)
![]() |
7-30-16
My dad had given me a shirt he wanted hemmed. I'd been working on my quilt top (made from my late grandma's shirts) throughout the month of July and before I put my machine away, I wanted to get my dads shirt hemmed too. I cut off the excess from the shirt and thought it would be cute headbands for the girl, so I called for them to try one on. Allie was first and I told her it was the bottom part of papaws shirt I cut off, and she quickly asked, "Did he die too?!" I assured her he was just fine and just wanted mommy to sew it for him.
8-10-16
The first day of school was rough on Austin and Krissy. I just think they were lost without Hayden and Allie. So, there was lots of arguing/screaming. Krissy kept telling Austin "I'm not your friend," which would make his already unstable mood hit rock bottom and he'd start crying. After listening to this a couple time, I told Krissy, "Stop getting him upset!" And she popped back, "I'm not getting him upset! He's already upset!" then proceeds to whisper to him, "I'm not your friend!" Cue more tears!
8-16-16
Allie was telling Hayden about a boy that was mean to her on the playground the first day of school. He gave her his shark tooth necklace to wear, and they filled me in on this playground drama. He said she could scare him with the necklace. I suggested she just talk to a teacher if this boy keeps upsetting her, but most likely he's just being a silly boy. She and Hayden go back to his room and I hear him say, "Tell me when you see him and I'll tell him, 'Don't mess with my little sister or you'll be sorry you walked the earth!'" Allie was being agreeable and Hayden continued with, "Yeah show him to me and I'll tell him to stop messing with my little sister!" And then I hear him say, "Hang on I've gotta get my fists ready!"
I was dying laughing over in the other room with his big talk, but honestly, I think it's so sweet. And if he wants to get on some punk kid for messing with his little sister, then go Hayden go! (P.S. Hayden hasn't really ever shown he's got an aggressive bone in his body. He's much more of a calm caretaker, so I liked hearing this side of him!)
8-17-16
Me to Krissy, "Mmmmm!! Smell those chocolate cupcakes!"
Krissy, "Yummy! They smell like macaroni and cheese!"
8-27-16
Austin fell off the couch, wrapped in a big quilt and he said, "Oh my good-ess, I so tough, wight (right) mom?"
9-17-16
Allie: "Mom now can we get the Barbies out?"
Me: "Is your room cleaned?"
Allie and Krissy: "Yes!"
Me: "Is it all just shoved under your beds?"
Krissy: "Yep!"
9-24-16
I was polishing my nails at the counter and Austin climbed up a barstool to see what I was doing and said, "Whoa mom! You nails are bootiful!"
(He gives me compliments almost daily and they make me laugh because they are so sweet. He and Hayden both pay such attention to detail and one day their future wives will love that! The normal compliments start out, "I like you ______ " or "I like dat ______" [hair//necklaces//shirt//shoes])
9-26-16
Krissy and Austin had been playing well all morning, but thing went south when Austin started playing with Krissy's things. We've really been working on having her talk nice to Austin, and in a nice tone. I hear her say, "I like you but I don't love you right now!" And that seems like progress in my book lol!
10-1-2016
Austin was looking through a bag of dog stuff we were given. He found some dog treats and said, "I found a doggy bone! I don't want to eat it. I not a doggy. (Long pause) I'm a kitty!"
10-1-2016
Allie to Hayden were "ballroom dancing" together in our family room when she said to him, "I wish we could marry brothers."
A few funny pronunciations:
Krissy says hummingbird "humbird"
Austin says birthday "bursday"

No comments:
Post a Comment