Her party took place this past Sunday. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. Low 80s, partly cloudy, a nice breeze. The park had so many areas to play that we had a hard time reeling the kids in for food/cake/gifts.
![]() |
| Krissy said over and over the best part of her party was swinging :) |
Kevin grilled burgers and we served them on Hawaiian buns. I had made fruit and veggies plates paired with fruit dip and ranch. I also mixed together a prepackaged Dole Asian salad. (It's really good and I love all you have to do is assemble it! You can find it with the prepackaged lettuce at Walmart.) The flies were a bit pesky, but that's expected with food outdoors.
The new icing for Krissy's cake tasted fantastic. It was buttery but light. Only problem is it didn't have much consistency, and sitting outside just made it even softer. So when it was time for cake, part of the icing had already melted and slid down the cake. Normally that would really bother me, but I just said oh well and went along with it! I made the cake topper out of a rice krispy treat covered in fondant... and lets just pretend she looks like the girl volcano in the video above ;) Ha! (I owe her a better cake next year!) She loved all her gifts too (although there aren't any pics from that part!) She got a couple stuffed animals, some new clothes, and shopkins!
All my kids had a great day, so I guess we can call it a great party! Thanks to everyone that came and made the day special for our little girl!
![]() |
| One of my favorite pics from the party - he scooped her up between posed pictures and wanted his picture with her :) |























Sweet party!! Love the Hawaiian song to go with the Lava song. Krissy looked thrilled! I bet any icing would struggle a bit out in the humidity. Your cake turned out really cute and it totally looks like the character from the video :) I showed the pictures to Olive and asked her what the cake looked like. She got a huge smile on her face and sang "I lava you!!" So I think you did your job perfectly :)
ReplyDelete