barn sale

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

1st Day of School

Allie got to meet her teacher a couple days before school started.  :)






Hayden and Allie started school last Wednesday.  They were both really looking forward to it!  I've known Allie's teacher for many years and it made me more comfortable with this big transition knowing she'd be in great hands.  Hayden's teacher is newer to the school and I know nothing about him, but he's a young guy and I really think Hayden will enjoy a male teacher. (Meet the Teacher is this week, so I'll learn more about him soon!)

I had lots of people ask me about how Allie did, and how I did with Allie being at school.  The truth is she was SO excited to start school that I was excited for her.  The first day of school I made pancakes for breakfast.  I got both kids up in plenty of time to eat, shower, get the hair done, and let me take their picture!  As soon as I got done with my pictures, it started pouring!  The entire first day of school was rainy, but it didn't seem to damped anyone's spirits.  I took each kiddo to their classroom.  Hayden walked right it and waved and said bye (no more big hugs for me).  Allie was a little more hesitant but once we found her desk she seemed to immediately settle in.  Her teacher came over and gave her some coloring instructions, so I gave her a quick hug and said bye.  

I did get a little misty-eyed driving home after dropping her and Hayden off, but I reminded myself they were both going to have a great day and it was silly to be sad.  I came home that first day and made cupcakes and thought about them all day long :) I got an email at lunch time from Allie's teacher to say all the kids were doing great and the only tears this morning were from the moms! Ha!  My days are getting more productive and we are starting to get a new daily routine.  Allie has come home almost every day telling me about new friends she's making.  Hayden's enjoying seeing his buddies from last year.  This weekend, Allie was genuinely disappointed she didn't have school. 

Krissy and Austin have had a harder transition that anyone.  The first day Hayden and Allie were gone, those two argued and fought ALL day!  I'm happy to report the last few school days have been much better.  I realized if I kept them busy (playing, reading, coloring, running errands), they were much happier.  I've caught them playing together multiple times and that makes me happy!  I also feel like they are getting good one on one time with me and Kevin, and what kid doesn't want that.
 
This was day 1 arguing....

This was this morning :)
The homework is slowly starting, and so are the extra-curricular activities, but we are really enjoying and embracing this season of life and looking forward to a great school year!



No comments:

Post a Comment