Hello dear family and friends of mine,
I wanted to let you know that starting this next week, my blogging is going to change a bit. I have gone back and forth over the last year whether or not to get rid of all the "social media" in my life (which presently just consisted of Instagram). I'm going to take a 3 month period off social media (maybe longer, or even permanent) and focus on my blog - and updating it with pictures, recipes, thoughts, etc.
I pondered the idea of starting a new blog with a catchy address, then I thought about starting one to only talk about my DIY projects, or things I baked, but my life is so scattered and random - one week I bake a ton, one week I sew a ton, one week I do nothing because I'm trying to get caught up on house cleaning - you get the drift, I'm not a one trick pony. So, I just decided to leave the address the way it is - my name - and fill the blog with all the randomness that fills my days!
My blogging slowed waaay down about eighteen months ago and I'm ready to pick it back up (thanks to a dream baby that lets me sleep all night, every night!). That means if I'm updating my blog more frequently, there will be less of a need for my "weekly happenings" posts. No promises on X number of posts a day, but this little enjoyment of mine is coming off the back burner :)
On with what happened this week!
1. Hayden is getting SO big! In the last week, Kevin took the training wheels off his bike, he started jumping out of his swing (he's normally pretty cautious), and both of his front top teeth are loose (which was not a result of him jumping out of his swing).
![]() |
![]() |
| Hayden had picked me flowers all day and while I was outside he brought me this ginormous weed from behind the barn and said "I picked you a tree!" haha |
2. Allie got released from the orthopaedic surgeon yesterday. She will continue to sleep in her corrective shoes 2-3 nights a week until she outgrows the shoes. We have no future appointments scheduled, but if I notice things changing, then I'm supposed to bring her in. We celebrated the good news with a little mommy/daughter blizzard date at Dairy Queen!
![]() |
3. I have taken a bit of an interest in makeup lately. I always wanted to know how to use certain products (highlighters, contour powder, and eyeshadows) but had never taken the time to learn. I told Kevin I have two girls that are going to be looking to me to show them how to use/do their makeup and I need to know! I experimented this week with some makeup I already had, but I have a looooong list of products I want to buy and try and learn about! I'm pretty pumped about it!
![]() |
| I'm using foundation and lipstick and brow pencils now! |
4. Kevin and I went on a date this past weekend for lunch. Neither one of us had ever eaten at Knob Hill Tavern here in Newburgh, so I planned for us to eat lunch there. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the cool spring weather. The food was good, the couple smoking next to us was not so good, but overall we had a good time. We went to the mall and window shopped after we ate, then reality set back in and we had to stop at Walmart and get back home to our 4 kiddies.
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
| Kevin tried their popular catfish fiddlers. I ate several of his delicious potato fries! |
![]() |
| I had the grilled chicken and the broccoli. Chicken was good but broccoli was rubbery. |
5. Krissy and Austin were extra photogenic this week and I took two of my favorite pictures to date of them!












No comments:
Post a Comment