barn sale

Friday, November 8, 2013

Weekly Happenings

Nov 2-8

1.  On Sunday evening, Hayden told me and Kevin his tooth hurt.  I had no clue why he would have a tooth ache.  He pointed to his front bottom tooth and I thought maybe he's already getting a loose tooth.  I was right.  The left bottom front tooth is wiggly!  He has had his hands in his mouth all week moving it, and keeps asking me to wiggle it too. I was feeling extra emotional Sunday evening after we put him to bed.  I can't believe he's old enough to be losing teeth!  Where does time go?
2.  Last Saturday, my friend Brandie texted me to say she had found a crib combo for sale.  I was grocery shopping, but stopped dead in my tracks to call this girl and figure out when I could come see it.  She didn't seem super anxious to get back with me, and being half crazy and nesting, I texted her until we had a day and time worked out!  Sunday afternoon Kevin and I went to look at it, and she had lowered the price because she had noticed a few scratches on the crib.  I was going to pay her asking price (of $115) but got it for $85!  We are thrilled we got such a good deal and it's exactly like I wanted!  Once we got it home, we got it cleaned up and put together.  It's been such a weight off my shoulders AND I really love our new room set up!  (I thought it may be cramped with all the baby stuff, but it's not at all!)  Sidenote: I've washed the crib bedding and got it all put together.  I also washed the tub of orange clothes that's next to the crib.  It was fun going through all of Hayden's baby clothes :)  Also, I didn't notice any of the scratches that she saw.  I still don't know where they are at!

3.  We had no plans Tuesday morning, so I took full advantage of that and started my Christmas shopping.  In 3 hours, I made 7 stops, and I'm about 75% done with my Christmas shopping!  We don't buy a ton of gifts for our kids (we are doing the 4 gift rule again this year... something they want, need, can read, and wear) and my side of the family had scaled back their Christmas gift giving this year (just buying for nieces/nephews and our parents) so my shopping list wasn't a mile long.   Regardless, getting my shopping done before November ends has been a goal of mine, and I'm well on my way.  I'm waiting on a couple last minute gifts to see if I can get a deal on black Friday or cyber Monday :)  Oh and I did happen to find an adorable going-home outfit for Baby!  It was on my list of things to buy, and I can't wait to see the outfit on him!
Going home outfit for Baby
4. Wednesday I had my 32 week check up.  We had an ultrasound to check on baby's growth and he's thriving!  They measured him to be 5lbs, which is 82% (according to my weekly emails, the average weight now should be 3lbs 12oz).  My doctor said to expect an 8 1/2lb baby.  Seems like a perfect weight to me!  He was being camera shy and didnt want to move his arm from his face, so we didn't get any great ultrasound pictures.  It was still fun seeing him. 
5.  I have a million and one sewing projects I'd like to do - before the baby gets here - and I know that's not very realistic.  I did make some more hot/cold rice packs for family and friends, and I made Hayden a tooth fairy pillow this week.  Both were bugging me that I hadn't done them, so while the girls napped on Tuesday, I sewed.  I'm hoping to once a week, get my machine out, and sew while the girls nap.  Things I'd still like to make:  Christmas outfits for the girls, Christmas pj bottoms for the kids, new stockings for our family, pj pants for Kevin, a bunting for the baby's hospital crib, and a car seat blanket/cover for the baby.  The only two things I know I'll get done are the two things for the baby.  The others are just on my wish list!

No comments:

Post a Comment