barn sale

Friday, November 22, 2013

Weekly Happenings November 16-22

November 16-22

So many good things to report this week....

*Kevin turned 30 on Sunday!  We don't usually exchange gifts for each others birthday (mine is 20 days after his) because it's so close to Christmas.  I switched things up this year and I picked him up a few things I had heard him say he wanted:  new jeans, some Rapala fishing signs, and a daily devotional.  We spent the day with family and did a lot of eating and relaxing.  He requested strawberry pretzel salad instead of cake.  He said it was a great day, so I'm glad he enjoyed it!





*Allie and I went shoe shopping.  I haven't shoe shopped in awhile, so I went a little overboard.  We started at Target.  I found Allie an adorable pair of black boots, and a pair of black flats for myself.  I still wanted Allie to have another pair for church.  My sister suggested PayLess so we went there to see what they had.  They had lots of adorable options.  I ended up getting her a pink, black, and sparkly silver pair of mary jane style shoes.  I decided to browse the women's section before we wrapped up our trip, and I picked up a pair of gold slippers for myself.  Kevin says he's worried about my "girls shopping trips" in the future when Krissy goes too.  :)

*Hayden lost his 1st tooth!  The afternoon of Kevin's birthday, he was showing Kevin how wiggly it was and Kevin decided to pull it with a string.  (I got grossed out by trying, so I decided that was a good job for Daddy!)  Hayden was so excited for the tooth fairy to come and to show off the hole in his mouth.  It was fun to watch him be so excited about it.  In other fun teeth news, his other bottom tooth is loose now, so I'd expect that one to come out in the next couple weeks too!


*Krissy's week was less exciting.  She seemed more fussy than usual and wasn't sleeping well at night.  Tuesday morning I made her a doctor's appointment and found out she has an ear infection.  It's in the same ear she had one a few weeks ago, so I'm just assuming it wasn't completely healed the first time.  After 24 hours on the antibiotic, I excepted her to feel a little better, but she was miserable.  About lunch time Wednesday I noticed her breathing was heavy, and by that evening she was really working hard to take any breaths.  I made an appointment at our after hours clinic and they told me she was wheezing, and I'd need to do breathing treatments every 4-6 hours until she's all better.  She's done really well with them and is already feeling better!  I hope she is 100% by Thanksgiving!


*I took Christmas card pictures this week (and made our card that I'll order on Black Friday).  Last year I had decided it would be a fun tradition to take our yearly picture somewhere in Santa Claus, Indiana.  My parents have a house in Christmas Lake Village and that's where we took last year's picture.  I had my eye on an outdoor spot in their yard I was hoping would work, and it worked perfectly!  The kids were so great - we got there, changed clothes, took pictures, cleaned up then left in less than 30 minutes!  Kevin and I were expecting the worst and were ready to stay there hours to get the perfect shot.  I ended up getting 5 pictures I loved (I took about 130 in 15 mins) and had a hard time deciding!  I'll post all 5 of the pictures after my cards go out in a few weeks.  The girls were dressed in clothes and bows I made.  I decided at the last minute to make Hayden a bow tie and suspenders to match the girls.  I love how it all turned out!

*I made a super fun Christmas wreath this week.  I will post the tutorial this coming week once I add a few finishing touches.  It was very very easy to make and didn't cost me much.  :)

*Wednesday I was feeling down in the dumps (long to-do lists {I should add that none of my list are things that HAVE to get done, it's just projects and tasks I want to do before Christmas and before the baby comes} and being tired with a back that's aching don't add up).  Krissy was at the peak of her fussiness from being sick and none of my Christmas decorating was going as planned (all my Christmas lights had burned out).  To add to those little things, Kevin was working 12s all week.  I felt like I was close to melt down mode, and then my door bell rang.  Kevin had flowers sent to the house for me.  It put a smile on my face and turned my day around. I keep telling myself to do one thing at a time, as I can, and not to stress. 

*We got a little baby gift in the mail this week :)  It's always fun when something unexpectedly arrives in your mail, especially when it's this cute!



1 comment:

  1. I request shoe pictures from your big shopping trip!! Hope everyone is feeling better now. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete