1. Last week I said I was going to pick one day a week and sew. Well, I had a hard time stopping at just one day. I spent four days sewing every free second I had. I got a lot done! I made the car seat blanket/cover, a couple mini buntings for the hosptial (I'm thinking one to hang on my door, and one for his crib.), AND the girls Christmas outfits! You think I'd be ready to call it quits for a bit, but I feel like I'm just getting warmed up! Hayden seemed a little jealous I was doing all this sewing for the baby and the girls, so I've promised him new pj pants. He's also requested a scarf? I guess he remembers Kevin wearing one last year. Anyways, it was a very successful week of sewing! Here's a few pictures of my projects, but I'm making you all wait on seeing the girls Christmas outfits!
I had 110 pins in this little blanket - I was told it's the key to sewing with minky fabric - and it worked! I'm going to get his name or initials embroidered on it soon!
| Buntings made from scrap fabric. One of them has his name ironed on it, but I turned it over for the picture! |
3. I baked my first batch of gingersnaps for the season! They have been sounding good to me and Kevin. We shared about half the batch with family and neighbors. Kevin, Hayden, and I took care of the rest of the batch! Hayden said they were his favorite cookies ever. Allie tried them two different days but decided she didn't really like them. I gave Krissy a few bites here and there but since I don't know what foods upset her belly, I'm always hesitant on giving her new things. (P.S. She's doing great on almond milk.) I'm hoping to get a couple more batches made before the baby gets here!
4. Allie had a successful orthopedic checkup yesterday. It had been several months since her last visit, so I was anxious to see what the doctor thought of her progress. She currently wears her corrective shoes 16-20 hours a day. I usually let her sleep one night a week without the shoes on. The doctor thought the shoes were doing their job, and he wanted her to wear them at night only. He will see her back in 6 months to check if her feet have stayed the same, or regressed. I'm going to keep an eagle eye on them and if I start to notice them turning back in, I'll make the call to put her back in the corrective shoes. SO, this weekened, I'm taking her shoe shopping (first time in a long time) and we are picking out a couple cute pair of shoes! She seems just as excited as I am!
5. I had my first non stress test on Tuesday. I had some idea what to expect because my sister had to do these tests too and she filled me in this weekend. My nurse was super nice, maybe the nicest nurse I've ever met. Baby must have liked her too because he did exactly what she wanted in the first 20 minutes. He kicked and wiggled non stop, and even got the hiccups in that short amount of time. My doctor was pleased with his movement in the first test too. Here's to hoping next weeks test is just as quick and easy
Other fun things:
- We lowered the crib mattress, and got the bedding put in place! It's all done and ready for a baby.
- I've been nesting like a mad woman! I have been vacuuming 2+ times a day and picking up non stop. Normally I frown upon unexpected vistors (because my house is usually a wreck), but now I'm not so worried about it. Kevin said a few nights ago he hopes this nesting instinct never stops because he loves a clean, organized house.
- I recieved an online order that is a Christmas gift for all 4 kids! I can't wait to spend Christmas morning with my little family! I'm going to try hard not to slack on much this year...
Busy week at your house!! Glad all of your sewing projects turned out. Have you gotten in touch with Andrea to personalize your stuff? I'm glad we got to come home for a quick visit. It was great that everyone was healthy and we could see each other several times. Olive appreciated your baby whispering sleep techniques :) Wish I could go shoe shopping with you girls. Post pics of what you end up buying.
ReplyDelete