barn sale

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Meet CeCe

Kevin and I both agreed, after TJ passed so unexpectedly, that quickly buying another puppy would be best for everyone.  It was hard for me to feel like we weren't trying to replace TJ, but we just had a void from the loss of him that we knew could only be filled by another pup.  We went on a week long search, I vetoed a lot of pups that didn't meet my standards, and yesterday morning we stublmbed across this sweet face.
She was in a litter of 4, and when we inquired about the pups, the lady only had one left - and it my favorite from the litter.  She is an Australian Shepherd and has a blue eye and green eye.  Her coat is called a "red merle" , which is a mix of brown.  All her paws have white tips.  The biggest selling point was she had a tail.  Most Aussie breeder, if they are born with a tail, have them docked shortly after their birth.  I wanted a doggy with a tail!  And her tail has a white tip :)

We got her home yesterday about 6pm so I didn't have time to take many pictures.  I'm hoping today to start snapping some!  The kids adore her. Yesterday on the ride home, Allie kept blowing her kisses saying, "I love you CeCe".  Hayden grins from ear to ear when CeCe gives him puppy kisses.  They are more than anxious to help, which is good for me, but slightly suffocating for CeCe.  She's been a great pup so far.  I'm anxious to see her personality come out more and more over the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment