Whitney's Family Baby Shower was hosted by yours truly. The day of the shower wouldn't have come together without the help of Kevin (who played super dad many many days), my mom, my sister in law, and my dad.
I have really been looking forward to Whitney's trip home. I couldn't wait to see her belly in person, and I was also anxious to see the end result of all the planning I'd done for the shower. My parents house was transformed into party central and it looked better than I could have imagined! Whitney received lots of great gifts for Olive, and many people told me they had a great time. The planning and work was definitely worth it!!!
Here are a few pictures from yesterday's shower.
 |
| The shower invite that matches her bedding - bought on Etsy. |
 |
| Momma-to-be and my sis :) |
 |
| I made a few of these pennants to coordinate with her bedding. I figured I'd make decorations that she could reuse in her nursery if she wanted to. |
 |
| Tissue paper flower balls hanging in the hallway. |
 |
| We made mini baked ham and cheese sandwiches that weren't out of the oven when I took the pic. Lots of yummy food! |
 |
| The cake table |
 |
| I made the cake (of course) and covered it in fondant to coordinate with her bedding! |
 |
| I ended up with more leftover material from the pennants than I planned, so I made poppy flower pins for all the guests! My dad spray painted some sticks in their yard, we dug out an old baby stroller from the attic and ended up with a smashing display, if I do say so myself. |
 |
| Whitney was chatting with all the guests and ended up not getting to eat much before opening gifts! You can blame the hostess that was snapping pics for that mess up! |
 |
| Me & Whit with her cake |
 |
| Sister-in-law, Sister, Me, & Mom. |
 |
| 3 layer chocolate cake with light pink buttercream icing. |
 |
| 3 layer strawberry cake with light pink butter cream icing. |
|
|
This whole event still makes me SMILE days after the fact!! You did an amazing job from the planning to the decorations to the food to the hosting. Olive and I felt very loved. It was a great shower and I enjoyed every minute of it - even if you did have to take a plate of food away from a pregnant lady :) I'm still impressed that you got all of this done while being a mommy to three busy kiddos. Thanks sis!!
ReplyDelete