barn sale

Monday, December 3, 2012

What's Been Going On...

My blog has been put on the back burner since Krissy has arrived.  Adjusting to life with three little ones has been/was quite a challenge for me!  I struggled with post partum issues as much as I did with Hayden.  Things really started to turn around, for the better, when Krissy was 7/8 weeks old.  Since the beginning of November, Krissy has slept all night (going about 11 hours between bottles).  She is the most consistent sleeper and it's been such a blessing!  Keep it up Krissy!

I'm not trying any new recipes - and to be honest - it's an accomplishment just to get a meal on the table!  I haven't sat down and really browsed Pinterest in months, so I haven't had any fun projects to post.  Those two reasons, plus having very little down time, are the biggest reasons I haven't blogged much lately. 

Here's what has been going on:
  • We spent the night at Christmas Lake after Thanksgiving.  It was our first overnight trip as a family of 5.  We got to see Santa and I was able to take Christmas card pictures of the kids.   I had a really hard time choosing a picture because I had too many cute ones!
  • Any spare minute I get, I'm trying to get my Christmas cards ready to mail!  I am planning on mailing them from Santa Claus, IN at the end of the week!  It seems like there is always some little task, whether it be laundry, dishes, picking up, decorating for Christmas, ect. that is keeping me from blogging. 
  • For months, I have felt torn about whether or not to send Hayden to public school, a Christian school, or home school.  Just in the last couple weeks, I've really felt led to home school.  It's not written in stone, but that's the option I'm pursuing the most.  I may post more on that later since 95% of the people I know aren't supportive of the decision.  Right now, I'll leave it at I think it's the best decision for Hayden and our family. 
  • We installed new blinds in our house and I LOVE them!  I need to dedicate a blog post to them because they are that wonderful :)
  • Have I mentioned that we temporarily got cable back.  I am staying up later than normal and the oldest two kids are going to bed about 7pm and I was just getting bored... with that being said, one night I saw New Moon was on.  I haven't watched any movies in the Twilight saga or read any of the books, but I decided to watch the movie.  I was so into it and I never thought in a million years I'd be so hooked on vampire movies!  Twilight came on the next night and I watched that too.  Then, I rented Eclipse and Breaking Dawn part 1.  I think I got Kevin interested too!  I need to go see part 2 while it's in theaters!  Definitely on Team Edward... I agree with Bella - I love Jacob, just not as much. 
  • ALAMABA won the SEC Championship (WHAT A GAME!) - which obviously I'm thrilled about - but I can not wait for the BCS Championship game!!!!  Alabama VS Notre Dame.  Any unbiased predictions (which means my sister, a huge ND fan, isn't allowed to comment!) on who will win???  Roll Tide Roll~!
  • I've decided next year, and probably two more years after that, I'm not putting ornaments on my Christmas tree.  I've already had 4 ornaments broken this year, either by the kids or dog, and I just have so many favorite/irreplaceable ones that I don't want to risk them getting broken too.  
  • My house stinks like beef/deer jerky.  Kevin got a dehydrator and jerky canon for his birthday and he's already made 15lbs of jerky in the last two weeks!  Everyone that has tried it, and likes jerky, thinks it is great.  I'm glad he's found something he likes to make - just wish it wasn't so stinky!
Do you feel caught up on my life now? :)  Maybe, just maybe, I can try to squeeze in a post or two every week so I don't have to do another one of these lame generic posts!  I'll leave you with the second runner up for my Christmas card picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment