barn sale

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Decembers Mid Month Update

Outside my window . . . It's dark and chilly

I am thinking . . . I should stop watching the news.  Sometimes I think I'd rather be uneducated and clueless rather than educated and disappointed/angry.

I am thankful for . . . in light of what just happened at Sandy Hook, I feel thankful for everything.  My family, my faith, that there is life after death.

In the kitchen . . . I have really been trying hard to keep my counters cleaned off.  We have this big furry pest, named TJ, that will eat anything (literally) that he can get his paws on!  i.e. bibs, spatulas, and food of any sort.

I am wearing . . . pjs, and I've maybe been wearing them all day.

I am creating . . . scrapbooks for the kids.  My mom gave me the books for mother's day this year and I just now got organized enough to start them.  It's not photo scrapbooks, just pictures they have made or hair Hayden has cut off his sister's head...... yeah, things like that.

I am going . . . to get a gun for Christmas.  I'm so excited to learn how to use it and it's small enough to conceal and take with me if I ever feel the need to.  Let's face it, there are way too many crazy people in this world and you really can't feel safe anywhere anymore. 

I am wondering . . . what the new year will hold.

I am reading . . . Nothing at the moment, but I'm sure that will change by the end of the week.  (I have a stack of books on my bookshelf that I want to read, just haven't had time.)

I am hoping . . .my kids stay healthy for the rest of the month!

I am looking forward to . . . seeing lots of friends in the next couple weeks!

I am hearing . . . the TV.  I have been sort of addicted to Fox News since Friday.

Around the house . . . it feels like Christmas.  I added garland to my mantle and some above my kitchen sink, and it feels really warm and cozy :)

One of my favorite things . . . is my fiestaware.  I got a new color for my birthday and it really makes me happy to open my cabinet and see all those bright happy colors!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . laundry, Christmas shopping, sewing, dinner date with some girl friends, hanging out with my sis, baking for Christmas - it will be a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment