barn sale

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Recap of the last few days...

Recap of the last few days.....
  1. Being a mom carries many titles - and nurse is one I usually handle pretty well.  Allie likes to make sure I get to use that title almost daily... Thursday it was touching the hot stove, Friday it was scratching her ear until it bled (I was worried she may have an ear infection, but she didnt), and yesterday she decided to "play" with Kevin's razor.  It was by far the worst and bloodiest boo boo I've ever had to deal with.  I have pictures if anyone wants to be totally grossed out, but since it makes me a little sick to my stomach, I figured most people probably wouldn't want to see her bloody finger.
  2. Thursday morning I was getting ready to take Hayden to church and my mom texted me to say she had taken the day off and wondered if it was ok if she stopped by.  I said that was fine, but in the back of my mind I was wondering why she took the day off.  She asked what time I left to take Hayden to church, so I figured she was planning on stopping by before.  She got to the house about 8:40am and told Hayden and Allie they needed to sit on the couch because she had a surprise for them.  She walked back outside and as she was walking back in, she wasn't carrying anything, so I thought, "What's the surprise?".  As soon as I finished that thought I saw my sister walking behind my mom!  Surprised is an understatement.  She and Kevin got tickets for a ND game and she came home a day early.  We got to spend a day and a half with her and it was so much fun!
  3. Last night I fed Krissy at 10:30pm, put her to bed at 11:30pm and when I woke up at 6:45 this morning she was still snoozing!  She slept the whole night!  I woke her up at 7:30 this morning to eat!  I know it was just a fluke and she's not going to be sleeping through the night every night, but it sure was a nice treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment