barn sale

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cake, Cake, & More Cake

It appears I've dropped off the face of the earth, but the last 2 days I've been working with one of my favorite mediums - cake and icing :)  I committed myself to making 3 different cakes this weekend.  First, a 4 tier ivory wedding cake.  The bride showed me 2 pictures she liked, and I was supposed to come up with something that was her own, but take away styles she liked from both cakes.  The 2nd was a grooms cake (for the same wedding).  She wanted the cake to have a little Miata on it since that's what the groom drives.  The third was for my neighbors daughter.  They have a Mickey Mouse theme and just wanted a small Mickey cake for the head table, and everyone else was going to eat off a dessert buffet.  She showed me what she wanted so I just had to replicate!
Here's the results:

Here is a close up of some details :)
"Just Married"

 
I love this tall layer with 490ish gumpaste flowers

I feel like I haven't seen my kids in 2 days.  I baked all day Thursday while Kevin was with the kids.  Yesterday I decorated and my mom watched them all day.  I couldn't have done it without help, that's for sure!  I'm happy with how all 3 turned out, but I hope the brides and grooms are just as happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment