Our search lasted a couple weeks. We started out looking at local car lots and Craigslist, but nothing fit our criteria (Honday Odyssey // 2011-? // Black // DVD player a major plus). About two weeks ago, I was doing laundry and Kevin came in the bedroom to tell me he found "the one". It was in Clarksville, Tennessee on Craigslist and was everything we had said we wanted. He showed me, I liked it, and Kevin called the owner. The owner is in the military and his family was planning a big move to the mountains. They needed a 4 wheel drive vehicle and he said they hoped to sell it before they moved. All that sounded like it was in our favor.
![]() |
| The picture we saw on Craigslist |
Kevin called the owners and told him we were going to get a loan as soon as he got off the phone (this was like 11am) and we'd come get the van that evening. I was a little skeptical about buying a van we hadn't seen in person, but the owners kept telling us it was so clean and it such great condition. We took them at their word, got the loan, and drove 2 hours to Clarksville.
When we pulled up, the van looked great. The owners showed us two tiny dings that were hardly noticeable, and then showed us the inside. It was in "like new" condition like they had said. Most of the vans we looked at previously were beat up because obviously families with kids use them. This family had 2 kids that were older, so they weren't very hard on the interior. I don't even think the 3rd row was used much at all. They told us they had several people calling daily about the van (which I really do believe that), but they both really liked us and wanted us to get the van.
We took it for a test drive knowing we were buying it. We got back to their house, signed a bill of sale, gave them a check, got the title, and we headed home. The van is SO NICE! I laugh at the old Haley that said she'd never drive a minivan. It's the nicest vehicle I've ever owned and I love it. I'm planning on driving it for 100,000 miles and then I'll probably look for another one! I told Kevin at this point in my life, I could see me driving a mini van forever! And I'd be just fine with that :)



So glad you got another van!! I swore I wouldn't ever have one....but look at me now. :)
ReplyDelete