barn sale

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Cute/Funny/Sweet Things My Kids Said

It's time for another edition of cute/funny/sweet things my kids have said or I've overheard the last couple months.  I did better this time with writing down the dates!  I keep things written down in my phone as I hear them or they say them.  I have a feeling the kids will enjoy reading these as they get older! :)

7-23-15
Krissy, "What are you making?"
Me, "Chocolate zucchini bread"
Krissy, "Awwww dat's cute"

7-29-15
Krissy came in my room at 3am, got in bed with me, and woke up with a huge smile on her face and said, "I wike you sweeping in my bed" and I replied, "You're in mommys bed!"

8-3-15
Austin scooted a chair over to the counter and dumped a bag of powdered sugar donuts all over the counter and then poured half a bottle of dish soap on them. I found him playing in the mix. I cleaned him off, then we ate lunch. He so sweetly took his paper plate to the sink (which should have gone in the trash) and dumped the entire uneaten contents of his plate all over the floor (oily vinaigrette everywhere - we had salads). I calmly took a deep breath and began cleaning only to turn my back to see him purposely dump an entire glass of lemonade all over the floor. I let out a very grumpy growl and yelled for him to get out of the kitchen.  Hayden says loudly, "PATIENCE!" ... I say nothing bc I know he's right and then about two seconds later he says, "KINDNESS Mom!" And I said, "You are right buddy; mommy is just frustrated" and then he chimes in with, "SELF CONTROL!" And I just admit he's right I need to use the fruits of the spirit and he said, "Yeah he's just a little baby and he doesn't know any better.. how about a back scratch when you are done cleaning that up? I bet that will make you feel better!" 
Side note: it's amazing how many emotions I felt with that whole conversation. Joy because Hayden has really grasped the fruits of the spirit, embarrassment because Hayden was actually correcting me and my bad behavior, frustration because of the mess I was cleaning up, but overall it was a humbling afternoon.

8-3-15
Allie, "Mom I just wanted to tell you I ate 2 cookies today and I'm so sorry." 

8-12-15
Me: "Allie watch out for the dead bird under the tree. I don't want you touching it!"
Allie: "Who would do such a thing? I like birds. I'm an animal lover!"

8-16-15
Allie (who has clearly seen too many commercials on the iPad!): "You know cover girl? She wears new out last lipstick. And she's beautiful and wears everything black. And she has something to keep her face to look natural" (then she sings) "New out last lip stick ow ow ow ow!"

8-25-15
Hayden came home from school and said, "You have to try my schools potatoes! They are the best!" And he pulls a wadded up napkin out of his pocket with a potato inside he brought home for me.
And this is so bad, but I didn't try it.  It looked so disgusting... but I thought it was so sweet he'd thought about me and brought one home for me.  I took it from him and was very thankful but he didn't know I didn't eat it.

9-9-15
Allie, "Can we jump in that muddy puddle?"
Me, "Um no"
Allie, "I know. You don't like when we get filtee and dirty"

9-9-15
Krissy looking at my new heart necklace, "Ohhhh a heart! How wonderful!"

9-10-15
Allie and Krissy were playing Barbies and Allie screams at Krissy, "No! You don't make her naked! That's gross!"

9-12-15
Krissy hugged me and got right in my face. I thought she was going to say she loved me or she's mommys girl and she said in a weird whispery voice with big eyes, "I don't want you to die!"

9-27-15
Allie and Hayden were playing with dead/old/broken phones when I hear Allie tell him, "Let's take selfies!"



2 comments:

  1. So sweet!!! Kiddos say the funniest things
    Memories to last
    Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stories! I lol'd several times.

    ReplyDelete