![]() |
The kids were all being well behaved, they were playing together great, and I couldn't make sense of this feeling I was feeling. I kept having these whispers with God like, "Why am I feeling this way", "Shouldn't being home be relaxing to me?", "I have no reason to be in a bad mood; show me what is causing this stress ." And He did. I started thinking about what was so relaxing about vacation, and comparing that with what wasn't so relaxing here. It was clear the problem was I was weighed down by all the "stuff" in our house. I know it didn't help that my counter and table were loaded with bags to unpack, but my floor was covered with pillows, blankets, toys, shoes, and whatever else the kids found and got out in the few short hours we had been home.
I took some time to process all this before I talked to Kevin. I told him that when we were on vacation, we just had what we needed. I wasn't bogged down with tons of excess. I told him I'd like to have a yard sale and just start getting rid of extra things. He very much agreed.
I'm hopeful that in the next week or so, I'll make some serious progress in decluttering and lightening our load here at home!

No comments:
Post a Comment