barn sale

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Florida 2015 - Fun Things We Did + Pictures

We filled our 6 days in Florda with lots of fun!  Some highlights were:
  1. Kevin and I went on a date during the kids naps one afternoon.  We shopped at the outlet mall and found lots of goodies, went zip lining at the harbor, and ate dinner at an amazing restaurant (McGuires Irish Pub).  
  2. Kevin's parents found a pirate excursion online months before we went down and they were excited to take the kids on it.  It's called the Buccaneer Pirate Cruise and it takes you out in the water for about 2 hours.  There were water gun fights, hula hoop contests, face painting, and the kids favorite was the treasure chest pulled out of the ocean full of cheapy toys.  The crew was all funny and entertaining.  They take your picture when you get on the ship, which I liked.  Some adult passengers gave us their pirate eye patches as we boarded and the kids loved that.  It was a bit pricey, but the kids really did enjoy it.  






  3. We went go kart racing.  The first race, kids and adults paired up.  I drove Krissy, Kevin drove Allie, and Papaw drove Hayden.  Mamaw stayed back to watch with Austin because he was about a half inch too short to ride.  Kevin and Allie won the first race.  Kevin and I did a second race in the individual go karts and you better believe I won that one.  He claimed I won because I started infront of him.  The next day we went back for one more race and I let him start first.  And I killed it.  I was so far ahead of Kevin I thought I may lap him.  He claims his car was slower than mine, but I just think I have some good go-kart skills ;)
  4. September was the greatest time of the year to go!  There were no crowds for anything.  There was no traffic so driving around was easy peasy.  And the weather was gorgeous.  We had a threat of a hurricane, Erika, but it changed course and dissipated!  Like I said earlier, we went shopping at the outlets, and with the combination of Labor Day and the peak season being over, the sales were ridiculously amazing.  Most stores were 50% off!

  5. We ate ate several great restaurants.  I mentioned McGuires from our date day, but we also ate at a BBQ place in Baytowne Wharf, Kilwins & Brusters for ice cream, Pompano Joes, Donut Hole, and Jordanos Pizza.  It may sound like we ate out a lot, but we cooked several meals at our villa too!  I made breakfast almost every morning and we had several lunches and a couple dinners (thanks to Kevin's grilling) there as well.








  6. The place we stayed was the nicest yet.  It was a villa, which was a step up from a condo, and we had a beautiful view of the lake on property thanks to a wrap around, covered, back porch.  It was so close to the beach (about a 3 minute walk), and all the rooms were big and spacious.  We normally get a 2 bedroom condo, but this villa had 3 bedrooms.  It also had 3 bathrooms which was nice!  





  7. I made everyone suffer through some family pictures one evening.  Everyone is usually annoyed with pictures, but I love having them when we get home.  I brought my tripod and Nikon camera and used the self timer for our group pictures.  It works so well!  I also stole Krissy one morning and took some pictures of her for her upcoming 3rd birthday!  I can't wait to share those with you, but you'll have to wait till the 20th!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect trip!! Southerners always head to the beach in September/early October when the crowds are gone. It really does sound like a nice time to go. You ate at all my favorite spots :) Glad the weather cooperated and you were able to do some shopping. Looking forward to seeing Krissy's pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are just GREAT!!!
    Fantastic time!!!

    ReplyDelete