barn sale

Friday, August 16, 2013

August's Mid-Month Update

Outside my window . . . it is absolutely beautiful!  I wish I could bottle up this warm sunshiny weather!

I am thinking . . . I love that my girls nap at the same time in the afternoon!  It's a lovely break for me and I get great one-on-one time with Hayden.

I am thankful for . . . ultrasounds!  Looks like we will be having a lot with this baby so it will be fun to see him/her so frequently! 

In the kitchen . . . my sink is full of dishes I need to hand wash - boo!

I am wearing . . . maternity jean capris and a brown maternity tshirt

I am creating . . . an assortment of things to make for our little gender reveal get-together on Saturday.  Sweets don't sound good to me so I'm having a hard time deciding what to make.  Maybe I'll just serve nachos and pizza...only joking - I'm planning on cupcakes, chocolate covered pretzels and maybe a chex mix.

I am going . . . bonkers trying to keep referring to baby #4 in gender neutral terms!  I had no idea it would be so hard to know and not accidentally say!  Just two more days, and the secret will be out!

I am wondering . . . what we will end up naming the new baby.  Kevin is picking the name this time and he's not really in any hurry to pick a name.  Maybe that's a mom thing?  Regardless, I'm having to practice patience, which is never a bad thing.

I am reading . . . I've given up my reading time at night and lately have been listening to old sermons from Brand New Church.  They have a free app (just type in 'Brand New Church') and their pastor is absolutely wonderful!  So entertaining to listen to! 

I am hoping . . . to go back to Smother's Park in Owensboro again soon!  It's beautiful and kid and dog friendly!

I am looking forward to . . . a visit from my sis in the next couple weeks!

I am hearing . . . the tv and cicadas outside

Around the house . . . there are toys strung out everywhere.  I would really enjoy and use a play room.  Maybe one day!

One of my favorite things . . . is watching my kids play and interact together. 

A few plans for the rest of the week . . .baking, party planning, errand running, and enjoying the weekend with my family - and if I just get lots of extra time, then I'll start working on some new dresses I've been wanting to make for the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment