It's been weeks (maybe months) since I've tried a new recipe, but I found one on Pinterest that got my attention. It looked very easy, cooked quickly, and it seemed to be the kind of food I've been craving (think meat, cheese, carbs). I didn't expect it to be some wonderful meal I'd make over and over because the ingredients are pretty plain. What was I thinking? I love plain and simple, and my belly and the kids and Kevin all enjoyed the recipe! Definitely will be making again! It didn't have a name, so I'll call it "crockpot pizza" because Kevin said it tasted like homemade pizza but with noodles instead of crust!
Ingredients:
3lb jar of Prego (or your favorite pasta sauce)
box of rigatoni noodles - cooked
1lb ground beef - cooked
3 C mozzarella cheese
1 package turkey pepperoni (healthier and just as tasty)
Directions:
Reserve 1-2 C of Prego for topping. Layer half of each ingredient in order listed then repeat. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours (after about 2.5 hours I turned my crockpot to "warm" because I didn't want it overcooking while we were gone - and it was perfecto!).
Once it has cooked (the cheese will be melted and the pepperoni will curl around the edges), serve and top it with the extra sauce if you are a sauce person!
We also served the dish with green beans and Papa Johns breadsticks (a favorite craving of mine).
We ate close to 8pm last night and we were all so hungry I forgot to take pictures! Here's one picture from the website I found the recipe on...

No comments:
Post a Comment