As 2017 came to a close, we got to celebrate one more special birthday. Our baby, Austin, turned 4! Here are some current things about him: He’s as tall as Krissy and outweighs her, he constantly chants “I-love-my-fami-ly,” he loves when everyone is at school and it’s just me and him, he loves milk (he’s now limited to two sippy cups a day because he just wanted to drink milk instead of eat food!), he’s a very expressive little talker, he loves to wrestle with the boys, he can’t wait for soccer to start again, he still needs a nap but usually fights it and falls asleep around 5 o’clock (some days he’ll sleep through till the next morning), he’s so tough (when he got his flu shot he didn’t even flinch and said “that didn’t hurt”), he’s constantly saying hilarious things and making us all laugh!
We celebrated his birthday with a little family gathering at my parents house. We had planned to have the party at our house, but Kevin had to be at work the next day at 2am. I figured he wouldn’t sleep very well if we had 9 kids and a party at or house!
Ok time for a little confessional... I always feel so guilty about the lack of planning I do for Austin’s birthday. It’s hard to pull off a big themed party the day after Christmas! You know how much I love making the kids cakes, but I don’t have enough time to ever do anything great for his birthday. It’s too cold for an outdoor photo shoot, and I don’t think I’ve ever done a birthday quiz with him. All that being said, I decided at his half birthday this year, I’ll do a photo shoot of him and an little quiz!
Here’s some pics of our celebration this year!
Austin loves cars, so we made candy cars with all the cousins!
Throwback to the sweetest little Christmas baby!
Welcome back!! We had a fun time celebrating with Austin. The candy cars were fun. We've also been doing a little something for the kid's half birthdays and it's been a fun treat. I bet Austin will love it!
ReplyDelete