barn sale

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Charlie Update

We've had Charlie for four days now.  He's been such a fun addition to our family!  I've forgotten how playful kittens are!  Charlie has entertained himself with a candy wrapper, a receipt, and our broom (along with numerous cat toys!).  He's constantly exploring and smelling and figuring his new house out!

The kids adore him and can't seem to let him breathe when he's awake. (Sidenote:  I put him up in our room several times a day so he can get plenty of potty breaks, naps, and food!).  Several times I've caught Allie holding him, rocking him, and whispering "It's ok, it's ok."  She calls him her pumpkin. 







Harry doesn't feel the love for Charlie that we do... yet!  Charlie loves Harry and wants to snuggle and love him.  There are still lots of hisses from Harry to Charlie, but there's been encounters with no hissing and growling so I'm encouraged by that!  Just tonight they were tackling each other.  It doesn't sound too loving, and it really wasn't, but it was the most interaction they have had and I think Charlie loved it!  Harry is intrigured by the playful kitten but usually keeps his distance.  Maybe they are turning a corner??





And my favorite part of having Charlie is when the kids got to bed, he jumps in my lap and sleeps with me until I go to bed.  And I've taken some of my favorite pics of him during this time!









Kevin's worked a ton since we got Charlie, so he's anxious to get some time off so he can play with him and snuggle with him while he naps.  He did take Charlie to the vet this week so they had a little time to bond.  Hopefully this coming week they can make up for the last week!








4 comments:

  1. Charlie is adorable!! I love how snuggley he is once the kids go to bed. I bet he feels like he can finally relax a bit :) Are his paws or his gums speckled at all? Tophers are pink and black/gray speckled. I'm guessing in a month your boys will be BFFs. What does Krissy think of the new kitty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was mad at myself for forgetting to put her pictures on here! I have since updated it :) and there wasn't much hissing today so I'm hoping they continue to bond!

      Delete
    2. And I'll have to check out his gums and get back to you!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete