barn sale

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Father Daughter Dance 2017

I haven't had a functioning computer for the last several weeks :(  It's behaving today so I spent time taking all my treasured pictures off of it, and I'm preparing for the inevitable loss of power that is coming.  The computer guy said the problem was the charging port and they are impossible to replace, and we will just have to replace our computer.  But, as I said, it's working today and I'm going to get caught up on the great month we just wrapped up while I can!

Kevin took the girls to the annual father daughter dance at our church.  They were both so excited and it's something they talk about and look forward to all year.  And I get equally as excited for them.  I love helping them dress up and plan the little details and surprises.  It was an unseasonably warm day (almost 70*) and it made for the perfect opportunity to take outside pictures!

Allie's dress was bought from a consignment sale last year and Krissy's dress was purchased at Sam's Club this past December.  I found Kevin's shirt and pants thrifting, and bought his tie new from Kohls.  I made the corsages, and helped Kevin shop for a special pair of earrings for both of the girls.  Their hairbows were purchased from a craft show in Santa Claus this past December! :)
Kevin giving Allie her corsage and earrings

Krissy getting her corsage and earrings.

I love how Krissy is looking at Kevin
Allie seemed embarrassed to kiss Kevin on the cheek.  It made me laugh.

The girls were glued to Kevin and they posed themselves!  This is probably my favorite pic :)


Some individual pictures..





I wanted a picture of their flowers and I loved how Krissy grabbed Allie's arm.


Some Daddy pictures...





Our neighbor's grandson came over with his new puppy just as we were wrapping up pictures.  The girls went nuts over it, so we had to take pictures with it too.


Off they went...
They had dinner at O'Charleys.  The planned to eat with my brother and his girls, then go to the dance together.  My niece got sick as soon as they got to the restaurant and they left immediately and had to miss the dance.  The girls were bummed.  They left the dance around 8 and went to Lics for ice cream, and waited at home for me and the boys to get home!

I took the boys to Chick Fil A, Barnes and Noble (Hayden had been wanting a new book), and then to see the new Lego movie.  We all had a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment