barn sale

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Father Daughter Dance 2015

Kevin took Krissy and Allie to the Father Daughter Dance at our church this past Friday.  Allie had been talking about it non-stop for about a week.  This was Allie's 3rd time to go and Krissy's 1st time.  This past fall, I bought the girls some dresses from a kids consignment sale.  I made them both furry white capes to wear (actually they were for the wedding they will be in next month, but I thought it would be great if they could get a few more wears out of them!).  We spent about an hour getting ready.  Kevin got himself ready while I got the girls dolled up.  Once they were ready, they were waiting in the family room for Kevin.  He ohhh and ahhhhed over how adorable they look then gave them both a little gift.  It was a sparkly purse with some girly essentials.... tissues, lipgloss, and fruit snacks!  They both felt like little princesses and that's what it's all about!

They went to dinner before the dance at China Bistro with my brother and his two girls.  The cousins love being together, so that in itself was a treat.  Then the girls danced and danced until the clock struck about 8, and they were all pooped and ready for bed.  I love this event so much and look forward to it every year just about as much as they do!









I had a night in with my boys.  We made homemade pizza and ice cream sundaes.  They loved it!  We are already looking forward to it next year!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! It's awesome they enjoy this time together each year. This puts a big smile on my face. :)

    ReplyDelete